Scubaboard Invades The 1000 Islands?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LOL. A little knowledge is a dangerous thing :)

Yeah well the better organized an event is the more fun and willingness people have to doing it again I dive the st lawrence exclusively and I know lock 21 like the back of my hand but the more heads that are put together to organize a trip the more people get out of it
I don't want to exclude anyone but I don't want the people who are more advanced to be dissapointing with the easiest dives as well
So I am glad you made suggestions of the Conestoga and all the other dive locations

If things go forward I am VERY interested. I don't have a trip planned until late fall/ early winter, so this would be a great time for me to get in the water.

Anyone who is interested in booking for this trip please P.M. me so that I can book the boat.
Also please read the email that I posted so that you know the price of the dive.
All prices are in Canadian dollars and some of these dives require a passport
If you need a hotel or transportation I am willing to work on setting up a carpool of some sorts thanks in advance.

What type of diving have you done @noj3333 I should be able to help you out worse case I would have you stick with me

I'm rater new to diving having done 14 dives since certification, over 2 trips, in the past 6 months.
All the diving I've done was vacation diving, in the caribbean.
Would 100 cu/ft (or anything with more volume the a standard AL80) tanks be available?

Of the dives listed, I haven't done the Vickery or the Kinghorn.

For OW, Gaskin, Lillie Parsons, Keystorm, American, no problem, with the Robert Gaskin being the easiest. You would need to buddy with someone who was willing to stay within your limits. The Lillie can go deep, and the long drift from the Lille requires depth and good air consumption, although there is plenty to see shallow and the short drift should be ok for you. The Keystorm can take you deep, but it is also on a slope and so can be done as an OW dive. The America is OK as well.

Both the Muscallonge and Daryaw are deep. The Daryaw is also high current and dark.

One thing that might be considered for some of the more challenging dives is to have alternates set up for those days. The Connestoga, Rothesay, Galop Cannel drift, Lock 23 drift, are all good shore dives that could serve as an aletrnate - and have the benefit of being lower cost as they are shore dives.

re: American

Nice dive, but air management is extremely crucial. The wreck lies out in the shipping channel, with the mooring on the ledge outside the channel it was doing the blasting work on when it had its problems. You do not want to be running short on gas for the swim back. Also, being on the wreck when a freighter passes can cause the vis to go to nothing, and the wash from the props can be crazy.

When everything goes right, it's a very cool dive.

@gcarter - the Vickery - DO IT!!!!! Dropping off the back of it, you can get below it and are blocked from the current. Looking back up at it on a sunny day is just AMAZING!!!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom