Scubaboard loads slow compared to ST forum and Decostop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When I click on that - it goes to LAST POST for me.

I'll check to see if it's a problem with VB.

Currently - my main focus is attending to the speed issue and finalizing our load balancing - so far so good.

Morning Howard,

DD described the problem exactly as I have been experiencing it. Very frustrating. Don't want to go all the way back to the last post since yesterday, but don't want to skip and go directly to the last page either, if I've already been in a thread. I want to go to the last post I read, but it's just not possible.

[-]I'm not going to lie to you. I won't even look at this for at least a few days. Your problem is noted though, and its on the to-do list.[/-]

I made a change... hope that fixes it.

[-]I'm not going to lie to you. I won't even look at this for at least a few days. Your problem is noted though, and its on the to-do list.[/-]

I made a change... hope that fixes it.
Nope.

I did it... but then set it back to where it was. Too many negative side effects.

I'll check on it when I finish the other stuff.

Well, I noticed that of any of the complaints registered, none of the complaintants are supporting members.

But, whatever . . .

the K

Check your records. I used to be a contributing member but am not now. Speed was one of the factors that contributed to me decision to contribute elsewhere.

Art

Just an update.

As of 1:05 PM Eastern Time... We have switched to a new faster CPU with the latest versions of PHP and Apache.

Our load balancing should go into effect shortly. In the meantime - we're on a faster server so there may be a noticible improvement.

Super! :thumb: I'm sure you'll have some headaches - good luck with tweaks.
When I click on that - it goes to LAST POST for me.

I'll check to see if it's a problem with VB.

Currently - my main focus is attending to the speed issue and finalizing our load balancing - so far so good.
FYI only: I hit "go to first unread" and it took me to that post again, even tho I've been thru this thread a few times.

We are in stage two of a five step process. The next step will happen Thursday.

No rush, NetDoc, thanks for letting us know that things are rollin'. :cheers:
Super! :thumb: I'm sure you'll have some headaches - good luck with tweaks.

FYI only: I hit "go to first unread" and it took me to that post again, even tho I've been thru this thread a few times.
Still goes to first post of the day. :confused:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom