ScubaBoard needs your help...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's embarrassing... a bit over $4,000

This really, really helps. I've been slowly adding to the credit cards waiting for things to turn around and it just hasn't. It won't wipe it all out, but it gives me a lot of hope and time... for when the economy turns a bit and businesses want to advertise again.
Argh, credit cards and interest rates! Argh!

We don't have a silent supporter user group... yet. We are in the beginning process of setting up the next iteration of ScubaBoard, and I'll make sure that's an option.

Ergo, I can remove you from the usergroup if you like, but I don't have a way to give you the ability to turn off adds if I do.
No problem, i can keep the stinkin badge.

It's embarrassing... a bit over $4,000
Shouldn't be embarrassing.... It's testament to how much this site means to so many of us. It's a genuine community (which also means help is given when needed... Jusy happens to be the site itself this time!).
Thanks again, for what you've created and mafe available here!
Respectfully
James

It appears that ScubaBoard depends on advertisers for much of its income.
When people go red they no longer see ads.
If too many people go red, will advertisers want to pay for ads that many don't see?

I found that when I blocked the ads accessing the search field on my smartphone was impossible. It was just something with the formatting of the screen. I just leave the ads.

@James79, I'll post this just in case you haven't seen this old thread before:

The History of the ScubaBoard
Thank you for that... I was not aware, and meant no disrespect to the founders of the board.
I stand by the sentiment, if not the details, of my earlier post! Lol
Respectfully
James

@Marie13, Try doing your searches in Google. First word in the search string is 'scubaboard'. Google bots raid this place constantly and their search engine is FAR superior to SB's.

But, yeah, leave the ads on. One more level of support...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom