ScubaBoarders on Cozumel in MAY

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Awesome! Thanks Okiraku! Keep those real-time updates and photos coming.

OK.Yesterday was sunny and hot day in COZ. Both wife and friend request to dive where current is weak or less.We dove between Palancar Garden and Punta Dalila for 1st dive.But current was still strong.

On 2nd diving,we went Yucab,there was almost no current, and beautiful,but so many diviers there.

On 3rd diving we made 80 minutes shore diving from Aquasafari peer to find macro fish.

Okiraku@COZ

Okiraku...

What are water conditions and what are you wearing... starting to lay things on the bed to pack and wondering if I can get by with a 3mil shorty?

And please leave some of the cool stuff for later in the month for some of us please...

OK, this is so not fun any more ....

36F degrees outside, wind gusting to 40 mph, and I'm watching it snow over on the mountains ... it's $#*@!^!# May outside... what's the deal!? And we still have 17days to Coz!

PS - Started my packing pile w/ a roll of Gordon tape!

highdesert...with this type of weather you had better start for the airport now. :) Take a few snacks with you and a book about Cozumel Diving just in case you need to keep your focus en route. You leave on the 18th???....then you should have enough time to make the journey. My only question is what to do with the dogs once you make it to the airport? Enjoy the countdown and have a great time, you know it will be worth the wait. :yelclap:

Okiraku...
What are water conditions and what are you wearing... starting to lay things on the bed to pack and wondering if I can get by with a 3mil shorty?
And please leave some of the cool stuff for later in the month for some of us please...

Hola! My dive comp,scuba pro,shows water temp is 27.6C/81.7F.
I put 3mm shorty on rush gard, but a little bit chilly...
It seems that most of American diver wear 3mm fullsuit now.
In late May,I think water temp is not so much different.

I hope this message helps you.
Okiraku@COZ

My boyfriend and I will be at the Iberostar May 10th-17th. Not sure who we will dive with, probably Dressel. Are there still any issues with some dive ops not picking up divers from that pier?

My boyfriend and I will be at the Iberostar May 10th-17th. Not sure who we will dive with, probably Dressel. Are there still any issues with some dive ops not picking up divers from that pier?

Hey scratchmyback,

Welcome to the May ScubaBoarders on Cozumel. There's quite a group of us now. You have the exact dates in Cozumel we have. Will be right down the road from you at Residencias Reef.:fish:

I think Blue XT Sea might have space left and also, Dive with Alison. She did as of today. Great outfits, both of them, if Dressel doesn't work out. They both have excellent coustomer service.:pinkdolphin:

We have faith that the pier issues will work out by the time we get there. Probably a small fee per person?:argue:

Budababe:blinking:

It was easy to find May SBer. Not only beacause we, all of May 2008 Scubaboard Cozumel Diver Club, are the best of bests, but because I saw his photo filed on profile before get on small boat:D. Yesterday I dove with Mr.Dave, very nice guy, I had a very wondeful day.

On 1st diving, I went to Santa Rosa Wall. Current was very mild and beautiful ,easy to go around.

On 2nd diving, I request Yucab again. No current there. A big turtle came to us.

On 3rd diving,Paradise Reef as usual. Almost no current

After got back from diving, Mr.Ricald, instructor of AquaSafari, signed my Assistant Instructor appication form and gave me debriefing.

BTW Where do we go diving today,Mr.Dave?

The day before yesterday, a lot of people saw beautiful sunset.

Okiraku@COZ

My wife and I will be celebrating or 30th wedding anniversary May 5 - 13 at scuba club. We were there in 2000 and 2001. I'm a diver and she is not. Man oh man, I can't wait. Hello board, my first post. Just wanted to say hello to everyone. Gary

My wife and I will be celebrating or 30th wedding anniversary May 5 - 13 at scuba club. We were there in 2000 and 2001. I'm a diver and she is not. Man oh man, I can't wait. Hello board, my first post. Just wanted to say hello to everyone. Gary

Welcome Gary. You have joined the BEST EVER May 2008 Scubaboard Cozumel Divers Club. Here is to wishing you a very Happy Anniversary. Enjoy your travels. Sue Sue

Two more for May 9th+ at Hotel Cozumel using Aqua Safari. Where is the Cozumel Palace? Haven't heard of it before.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom