Scubapro Apnea S3 - freediving fins for scuba diving - thoughts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zenvagabond

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm looking at doing something different - looking for FD fins for scuba.

The Scubapro S3 looks 'interesting' and an easy fit. Does anybody have experience with this piece of kit?

Reviews? Thoughts?

Thank you!

I haven't used those, but it appears that the foot pocket is not removable. I.e. you can't take the blade off.

I use Mako Competition Freediver fins and I love them. And I am really glad they have removable blades. They are too long to fit in my biggest gear bag unless I disassemble them. No big deal for driving to a dive site. It was a big deal when I was getting ready to fly with them.

Plus, now that I have been using them and loving them, I am thinking of upgrading to better blades. Being able to keep and use the same foot pockets will save me some money.

I haven't used those either, but I would suspect a company that specialized in freediver fins would offer a better product. My I suggest you lurk or post on Spearboard to look/ask for fin suggestions.

I haven't used those either, but I would suspect a company that specialized in freediver fins would offer a better product. My I suggest you lurk or post on Spearboard to look/ask for fin suggestions.

Thanks mate.

I haven't used those, but it appears that the foot pocket is not removable. I.e. you can't take the blade off.

I use Mako Competition Freediver fins and I love them. And I am really glad they have removable blades. They are too long to fit in my biggest gear bag unless I disassemble them. No big deal for driving to a dive site. It was a big deal when I was getting ready to fly with them.

Plus, now that I have been using them and loving them, I am thinking of upgrading to better blades. Being able to keep and use the same foot pockets will save me some money.

Thank you.

I have used the S3 & the S1, it's carbon fiber cousin. The S3 works well for SCUBA. It is an excellent value. I have no problem fitting either one in my Stalhsac travel bag.

Back
Top Bottom