Scubapro CHROMIS Basics (x-post from Scubapro)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

joedogs21

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi All,

I just purchased a scubapro chromis and have now read the entire manual twice. However, some things are still not clear.

To start a dive, do I need to press any buttons, or do I just put it in "SCUBA" mode and then get in the water and start descending, and it will log the dive automatically?

I am a new diver, so doing nothing too advance (air only).

The manual is confusing about the most basic uses.

I am hoping a fellow Chromis owner or other knowledgeable person may be able to explain to me some bare minimum basics (ie how to go on a dive using only air and make sure it is logged). I know this is a very basic question and I tried to search for it already but only found more specific questions regarding the Chromis. Thanks in advance for your time and help!

I would be very surprised if it didn't auto activate once at a certain depth, usually within a foot or two, or when the contacts become wet. The latter you can try by submerging in a sink of water.

Hello Folks,

I bought a used Chromis and I am wondering why it does not log anything in the history when I take it into swimming pool. I was diving 2 meters to the bottom of the pool and heard the activation (?) "beep" in about 1,8 meters. I did several such dives of about 20 to 30 secs each, but afterwards in the history log there were "0" entries.

What is wrong? Why doesn't it log any diving or swimming activity in the pool? In the swim mode I set the "kick distamce" to 80 centimeters and the threshold to 10 centimeters.

If anyone could give me a hint how I could check whether the Chromis is working properly, I would very much appreciate.

Thanks and have a nice day
Hans

Hi @juehoe
I'll assume you had the Chromis set in swim mode; which is used when you are swimming or finning laps for exercise/training. Its a surface exercise mode only. If you want to record your breath hold diving, then use the Apnea mode. But remember if you use Apnea or Guage modes, the computer does not monitor your nitrogen intake so it will lock you out of Diving mode for 48 hrs as a safety measure.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom