Scubapro classic bc

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK, I've uploaded the pictures in the photo gallery. I would appreciate members taking the time to review them. Perhaps there's one other diver out there that has had the same problem as myself. I would like to offer a personal "THANK YOU" tO BDSC for all his help.

I have found that ScubaPro's sizing runs big. I wore a 2xl Henderson suit to an xl nova scotia.
The BCD I use is a lg night hawk.
I'm 6'3' & 215lbs...

Looked at the pictures, but it looks like your new BCD is to large for you......

Could you try a next smaller size?

M

Last edited:
Looked at the pictures, but it looks like your new BCD is to large for you......

Could you try a next smaller sixe?

M

I looked at the pics and came to the same conclusion. Not only when you were wearing both but when you had the pics of the two BC's on the floor the new one does look bigger than your old one. Is there any way you can try on a large instead of an extra large?

Unfortunately the next size smaller ( large ) is too small, which again makes me think that this bc is an xxl and is incorrectly marked. I have owned two classic sports and one classic plus in this style, and they all are the same way. The first plus I owned had no excess webbing in the chest strap, meaning it was buckle to buckle,no adjustment what so ever. I thought it was that way because it was a second, which also meant the larger size. The next one I got had more adjustment in the strap, but was the same size. Given the pictures, It's hard to believe I am the only diver in this size range that is experiencing this problem. My original diving partner, and the man who introduced me to Scubapro, made a good point, in that todays divers may not have anything to compare it to. Had I not had my original bc, I would have had nothing to compare the new one to, and would have thought, that was the way it was supposed to fit. I think we can all agree that, in it's sizing, the new bc got it wrong.

You may be right. Could be marked wrong. It is no doubt much larger than the older one.

The only advice I could give is to possibly get a longer hose for your second. It would at least give you a little more length to work with. I do not have one but I hear the new miflex hoses are very light and flexible. May want to look into one of those.

Thanks BDSC, I could do that. Another problem I have with this bc is, now given the apparent lack of slack in the low pressure hose, there is no possible way you are going to buddy breath. There's just not enough extra hose to do that. Tech services solution to that issue is to remove the hose, from what I am going to call the velcro retainer. If you notice on my original bc I have the hoses secured in thoses little one inch velcro retainers. I have always done this and it has never hindered my movement in any way shape or form. but you cannot do this with the new one. I think we can all agree that everything I am experiencing, is a direct result of the tank hanging too low and too far back on my body, and every solution to correct the many issues this posture has created is an after thought. What Scubapro needs to do is step up to the plate and accept responsibilty for this problem, as it is thier design change that created it. The old bc worked perfectly, and had it not started leaking, I would still be using it today. I quess it doesn't mean much to a company nowadays that you have bend with them for almost 30 years.

I think I would return it and find a proper fit before changing hoses or anything else. Have you had your dealer look at it to see if something was assembled wrong ?

The dealer I have now chosen to do buisness with, and who sold me my last bc, is unfortunately a four hour ride from my house. I have the utmost respect for him as 1) he knew my diving mentor personally, And 2) he seems to be the only person I now know who can rebuild a mk5 balanced adjustable. After my mentor retired I had a very hard time finding shops who could service my experienced gear. I was in his shop one day for about 2 hours as we kept fooling around with this bc. The other customers in the shop looked on, and the final conclusion was it is what it is. But skooter I agree with you in that I am not going to put another penny in this thing.
Once again, Scubapro needs to do the right thing here, because if they can do this to me, they will do the same thing to you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom