Scubapro classic bc

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Splash,
Its CaboJim...not Kim...
If he did buy the BCD from his LDS they need to make it right..
As you pointed out we don't not know if the LDS is a licensed dealer.
But that should be easily remedied....

Once again, thanks to all for your positive comments. The dealer I bought and returmed it to is an authorized dealer. And I would not make a four hour round trip if I did not feel he was compotent. My problem is I do not feel this is the dealers problem as he did not incorrectly size this bc. Let me bring everybody up to date. When my dealer had done everything he could, including offering other models ( which I personlly did not like ), I believe at that point he had done all he could realistically do. I then took it upon myself to contact Joe Stella, vice president of sales at scubapro, and Helen Johnson Leipold, president of Johnson outdoor, Scubapros' parent company. I did this in the form of a video because I wanted them to see exactly what the problem was. That was well over 4 months ago, and as of this date I have not so much as got even a courtesy letter in return. Next I contacted tech services. One of the problems I related was due to the shortness of the hoses, it was virtually impossible to buddy breath. Thier solution was to remove the low pressure hose from the velcro retainer. The overall problem is the incorrect sizing of the bc, and to that end they have made no comment. I have been with scubapro for many many years, and would not have supported them if they were not a reputable company. But I believe I get confused with the Scubapro I originally supported, and Scubapro/Johnson outdoor. I believe the latter to be a differant company with a differant agenda. At one time it seemed as though Scubapro was constantly introducing new products that to me as a diver made sense. Now all I see is fins, fins and more fins. I am not going to say that through all this I haven't made mistakes. What I am going to say is if I did they were sincere. When I originally contacted scubapro I clearly stated, " I am not a lawyer, I am not a politician, and I am not your competition, I am a loyal scubapro customer". Maybe I am too loyal.

Splash,
Its CaboJim...not Kim...
If he did buy the BCD from his LDS they need to make it right..
As you pointed out we don't not know if the LDS is a licensed dealer.
But that should be easily remedied....

It was an honest mistake, the keys are next to each other and it was just a typo, I fixed it, sorry.

It is apparent this topic is finished on Scubaboard. I would like to thank all who contributed in this forum. I will continue to pursue a positive resolution to this incident with Scubapro. Once again many thanks and a happy holidays.

I would like to thank all who contributed in this forum. I will continue to pursue a positive resolution to this incident with Scubapro. Once again many thanks and a happy holidays.

Back at ya and I do hope this can be resolved to your satisfaction. And Happy Holidays to you as well!

halemano, apparently you haven't been diving very long.

emachines, model 12574 windows vista microsoft keyboard microsoft mouse pluged into the wall

Not compared to some here on SB; only since the summer of '66.

8/5/67, 1st solo dive, 1st dive w/vest mom made​

1. jet fins - I have suggested that boogie boarders who dive with their Churchill's might consider Jets.
2. decompresson meter - I'm just a recreational diver.
3. air 11 - Air2's are only a profit advancement.
4. stabalizing jacket - I do like the reasonably priced SeaQuest models!
5. shotgun snorkel - [-]Very nice[/-].
6. depth compensating weight belt - I've never had a normal weight belt problem.
7. hand held undewater sonar - Recreational diver!!!???
8. ls1 compass - ls1?
9. dcar valve - Is that like dplane valve or dtrain valve?

Mac Cube, 1.8 GHz, 160 Gig HD, Tiger, Bluetooth keyboard and mouse?

Last edited:
Ha ha ha. Well atleast you got a sense of humor. and to be honest you beat me by a year. The LS1 was the first ( I believe ) front reading compass. Prior to that all your compass had to be view and or read from the top. The LS1 had a viewing port that allowed it's user to take a heading then spin the bezel and just line up the numbers. Scubapro invented the stabalizing jacket unless I am mistaken. Also if the AIR 11 is a profit advancement, when that patent was off alot of companies sure seemed to copy it. The last I knew the usn seal teams used the jet fin. The deco meter was a first, and as far as recreational diving goes, doesn't the modern dive computer provide deco info. And on most dive boats I have been on they require you to have a dive computor. I have always been taught to never surface faster then your smallest bubble. Apparently for recreational divers that old theory doesn't apply anymore now that we have computors. The dcar valve stands for depth compensated adjustable reserve, another scubapro first. I just like the valve because 1) it's heavy duty, and 2 ) it has a vey simple built in pressure indicator. Lets see have I left anything out, oh yes the depth compensating weight belt. Up here when wearing full wetsuits you sometimes suffer from a condition known as wetsuit compression. It seems as though when you go deeper things compress. Now as divers we know that solids and liquids can not be compressed, only air space. Apparently as you go deeper the air space in the wet suit compress. As things become looser fiting, this particular weight belt takes up the slack. Now there is nothing from stopping you from doing this yourself, and upon surfacing when things expand letting the belt out. I have just found that this belt makes life alot easier. I still use the shotgun snorkel in it's original configuation. Once agian, though I have never used it, the underwater sonar with our visibility proved an asset to some divers. For me refer to LS1 compass.

Have a happy holidays.......Rich

Ha ha ha. Well atleast you got a sense of humor.

Back at ya, and it's nice you noticed it's humor. I'm almost always making a funny, just some do not appreciate it as well as you.

The last I knew the usn seal teams used the jet fin.

Seems I heard they were not mandatory now, and being given a military contract is not always about right product for the job. Anyway, we are not Seals.

Well the picture, from my 8th b-day trip, was pretty much my 1 year anniversary of diving. The reason it was my 1st solo dive is I had to try out my just unwrapped b-day present vest, but everybody else's tanks were still on the compressor (mine filled faster :)).

I normally dive with only 5 or 6 mm at the waist so the wet suit compression has not been an issue. I do think you are right about the stab BC, I just like SeaQuest's better, even if the prices were the same. Most dive boats here in Hawaii will let you dive but hold you to tables diving if you do not have (or rent) a computer, so if you go past the table NDL limits for your cert card on your first dive you do not get a second dive. I just looked up "shotgun snorkel" and I have to say I really dislike snorkels with a valve in them, but at least they aren't dangerous.

SP calls it the Air2 by the way, and I am an instructor/guide who feels it is more dangerous than the typical alternate, as well as being an air escape point for every Air2 (and copies) diver I've ever led on a scooter dive.

There is one thing I am in total agreement with though...

Maybe I am too loyal.

Good jousting and happy holidays to you too :eyebrow:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom