ScubaPro Classic Plus BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had a Classic Plus and I was quite satisfied with it for the few hundred dives I used it. It was sturdily constructed, fit well, and performed well. The weight pouches have a locking mechanism that is both secure and easy to release. The pockets are a little bit hard to access. They are large enough to accommodate the basic safety gear a diver should have (compact smb, mirror, whistle, etc.), but just barely. I gave mine away in like-new condition because I got tired of lugging around such a heavy bc--I always fly to my dive sites--and tired of diving such a bulky bc. I would second Walter's recommendation to consider the Classic Sport. Whichever bc you ultimately decide on, make sure it fits. This is perhaps even more important with a bc like the Classic Plus or the Classic Sport because they don't have adjustable shoulders.

When I went to scubapro.com the site had a heading "stabilizing jackets," with no bcs displayed:

Buoyancy compensators - SCUBAPRO-UWATEC

Maybe the site's just not working for me. Does anybody know if Scubapro is discontinuing these models?

Last edited:
vladimir, who would you reccomend I speak with at 18 ka yip street if I have a problem?

Cheers

vladimir, who would you reccomend I speak with at 18 ka yip street if I have a problem?

Cheers
Sorry, I don't know. I'm relatively new to Hong Kong, so I'm a lousy resource.

I bought two ScubaPro bcs from LeisurePro and one from a dealer in Phuket. I never had an issue with any of them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom