Scubapro Galileo HUD (hard to see?)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Recently joined and saw the inquiry concerning the Galileo HUD and vision.

I too wear glasses when out of the water. I had prescription lens made for my mask in order to read my wrist-mounted computer.

I now use a standard mask with my Galileo HUD. I can't say enough about how much I like the HUD - it is simply amazing. Clear and visible and doesn't interfere with your forward vision. It's just there. A slight change of focus and all your dive info is there to see. look past it and it fades away from the foreground.

The HUD can be adjusted based on how you float and can be flipped up to be part of those moments where it may desired, e.g. underwater-photo moments. but I rarely need to move it once I am under.

Operating the HUD is as simple as pushing the button, which allows you to walk through the screens with a click and a free hand. Cycling my wrist mount - now a backup - requires both hands to cycle - I know it sounds petty, but try cycling your computer while holding a flashlight on a reef at night and the one-handed operation is a game changer.

Hope it helps.

svAlibi

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom