Scubapro Go-Sport vs Go-Sport Gorilla

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LOL, Scubapro told the store I was working with that the replacement straps were the same, even though their own website says:

"While identical in design to the GO Sport Fin, the Gorilla features a slightly stiffer blade and heavy-duty bungee."

Anyone have a source for spare straps for the Gorilla version? In a pinch, does anyone know if the standard straps would at least fit on the fins until the rugged version is replaced?
I am packed up for a trip leaving tomorrow. So I cannot dig them out of the bag. I believre the bungee is stiffer but the ends and attachment to the fin is the same. I will try to verify that when I get back or maybe during the trip if there is any wuh, wuh, wuh to be had.

So, my flight was delayed, the usual baloney.:rolleyes:

So, the answer is that the bungee set for the Gorilla Go-Sport is in fact different from the standard Go-Sport, the bungee is heavier, stronger and the clasp is different (larger and longer). I do not know if the standard bungee clasp would go on the Gorilla fin but I suspect it may.

In Cozumel, currents not bad this week thus far. But the Go-Sport Gorilla fins are a definite GO! They are just a touch stiffer and a little more pop when fluttr kicking and the blade is about perfect now for frog kicking along whereas before it might be just a tad soft for the big guys. I do not think anyone who is not big, pushing a large camera or a strong kicker really needs the Gorilla version. Especially if you want a color other than black and orange :wink:.

I do not think anyone who is not big, pushing a large camera or a strong kicker really needs the Gorilla version. Especially if you want a color other than black and orange :wink:.

But still… I need to have it!

Just got my new Gorilla Go-Sport fins. They are virtually identical to the standard version. The blade is stiffer but still snappy on the tip. The weight difference is negligible. I get 3.42 pounds for the standard size Large Go-Sport and 3.6 pounds for the Gorilla Go-Sport also size Large. So maybe the Best Fin Ever (BFE) just got even more better :). The weight is for a pair of fins.

So, aside from having a ScubaPro logo :wink:, what, in your opinion, makes the GS or GS Gorilla better than the Eddy fins?

So, aside from having a ScubaPro logo :wink:, what, in your opinion, makes the GS or GS Gorilla better than the Eddy fins?

I have explained my preference numerous times:

The open foot pocket is more comfortable to me.

The fin platform extends further back under the heel giving better support and less ankle and arch fatigue.

The precurved blade provides much better flutter kick thrust.

The blade has more snap to the tip and a more lively feel.

The bungee straps are more comfortable.

I get more speed and power overall.

I like the way they back up.

Lighter weight, slightly larger blade area, slightly more buoyant.

You have your opinions and I have mine. Different people with different experiences can have equally valid conclusions.

I am not selling my Eddy Flippers, when I need a fin (flipper!) that frog kicks well, it is my choice. The Go-Sport is just a better all rounder and again, that is my opinion based on my uses and experiences with the three different fins. I accept your opinion and preference as valid for you and I am not going to change mine.

Edit to add, I did leave out one important thing, the Go-Sport is Scubapro and the Eddy Flipper is not :wink:.

I have explained my preference numerous times:

The open foot pocket is more comfortable to me.

The fin platform extends further back under the heel giving better support and less ankle and arch fatigue.

The precurved blade provides much better flutter kick thrust.

The blade has more snap to the tip and a more lively feel.

The bungee straps are more comfortable.

I get more speed and power overall.

I like the way they back up.

Lighter weight, slightly larger blade area, slightly more buoyant.

You have your opinions and I have mine. Different people with different experiences can have equally valid conclusions.

I am not selling my Eddy Flippers, when I need a a fin that frog kicks well, it is my choice. The Go-Sport is just a better all rounder and again, that is my opinion based on my uses and experiences with the three different fins. I accept your opinion and preference as valid for you and I am not going to change mine.

Edit to add, I did leave out one important thing, the Go-Sport is Scubapro and the Eddy Flipper is not :wink:.
Hi, agree with your comment's, I have GS & Eddy too and when diving heavier Sidemount 3 cylinders or more definitely with Eddy's
Safe diving

I am not selling my Eddy Flippers, when I need a a fin that frog kicks well, it is my choice. The Go-Sport is just a better all rounder and again, that is my opinion based on my uses and experiences with the three different fins.

So is it the precurved blade of the GoSport Gorilla that makes it less optimal for frog kicking compared to the Eddys? Or is it that the Eddys are also stiffer than the Gorillas?

PS: How many of you also feel that the Big S logo and branding makes you feel like Superman and automatically helps you glide better in the water…? Much to the envy of others who spent $$$ on other brands? (Should this be a poll?) 😉

Disclaimer : I am a current GoSport and upcoming Gorilla fan …

LOL, Scubapro told the store I was working with that the replacement straps were the same, even though their own website says:

"While identical in design to the GO Sport Fin, the Gorilla features a slightly stiffer blade and heavy-duty bungee."
I am pretty sure GO Sport Gorilla uses the same bungee used on the Seawing Supernova and S-Tek Fins.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom