Scubapro Jet Sport OR Seawing Nova - for ladies

Scubapro Jet Sport or Seawing Nova?

• Jet Sport

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Seawing Nova

Votes: 5 55.6%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
source.png
Hi, I am looking for new fins and I have an oppurtunity to buy Scubapro Jet Sport OR Scubapro Seawing Nova both for very friendly price (but stil Novas are double the Sports price).
What do you think would be better for me/small thin woman? With my old fins (no idea about brand, but you can see the pink ones on photo) I had problem and needed help from my buddy to swim against currents. I am still beginner and vacation diver, not really strong legs and mostly use slutter kick – but want to teach/try the frog kick this year too.
Many thanks for any advice!

The Jet Sport fins are shorter than the Seawing Nova. I've never tried either, just seen them in the dive shop. The Jet Sport fins get good reviews here. As they are shorter, they will be easier to travel with.

I use GO Sports, and I'd recommend them over the jet sport. The Novas look good, but they're too big especially if you want to take them for travel.

I found that the GO Sports are just right. Super efficient and comfortable, and positive. Which for me with heavy feet is great.

Them being light it will help you move a lot faster. With the same effort as with my old quattros I constantly need to be reminded to slow down by my dive buddy.

I use GO Sports, and I'd recommend them over the jet sport. The Novas look good, but they're too big especially if you want to take them for travel.

thanks for recommendation! I was looking at them but unfortunately I cant have that great deal (like 1/3 of normal price) for GO Sports. So I would really like to choose between Jet Sport and Seawing. Would you still vote for Jet Sport over Seawing then?

Seawing definetly, because I've hear a lot of good things about them, and they would be my choice if they weren't so bulky.

I use Jet Sports as my warm water/travel fin.

Scubapro Jets are my fin of choice for local/cold water diving.

My 16 year old daughter (tall and thin) also very much likes the same combination of fins.

My favourite fin remains my old US Divers Blades (circa 2001). However, the foot pocket is not quite big enough for my drysuit boots, and they are too bulky for travel compared to the Jet Sports. Like them so much, I refuse to part with them.

All have had the factory straps removed in favour of spring straps (with the factory straps going in my "save a dive" kit, just in case they are ever needed again in a pinch).

2 thoughts:
- Can't really tell from the pic what kind of fins you have, but maybe they're actually fine for now. If you are new and just not a strong kicker, or your technique needs work, different fins may not solve your problem, could even be harder for you. (Are these new? Can you try them before buying?) Think about working on strength. Kicking against a current is not easy (and not necessarily the way you want to plan a dive unless there is really no choice.)
- Picking fins because they seem to be a great deal might work out, or might just cause regret when you discover you would have preferred something else. Scubapro gear tends to be expensive normally. There might be low priced fins around in other brands that you like better, that just aren't expensive to begin with like Scubapro.

That said, I would chose the Jet Sport over the Novas for something easier to pack, and simpler. (And since they're cheaper you'll regret it less if you don't like them.) I do think the GO fins are a good option. And like the previous poster, my favorites are the original USD Blades. My current pair I bought on eBay for like US $20.

2 thoughts:
- Can't really tell from the pic what kind of fins you have, but maybe they're actually fine for now. If you are new and just not a strong kicker, or your technique needs work, different fins may not solve your problem, could even be harder for you. (Are these new? Can you try them before buying?).

My old ones were actually the cheapest and most used in bazzar, costs me 7 usd :D After ~30 dives they get broken. One problem was the current that can be just problem with my legs and weakness, but in general it seemed that I had to put much more effort to every move than others and few times experienced cramping. Dive masters also told me that the problem is in fins not in technique. So I really have to move on :)

The fins are new and I can’t test them..

Few people already wrote here they would go for Jet Sports because they are smaller than Novas and better for travel. However I read Novas should be smaller and more leightweit than Jet Sports.

There are many reviews on Novas - easy to move, very fast, less effort. Those are the main points for me, I would better buy Jet Sports but I am afraid If they wouldnt be to much heavy, solid for me. Causing scramps. What do you think?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom