Scubapro Mark VII and AIR 1 - Who still services them?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockinrebel

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a Scubapro Mark VII (yep, the one that honks) and an AIR 1 second stage. I was just told by my local dive shop (authorized Scubapro dealer) that you can't get parts for the Mark VII anymore.
Is this true? If not where can I send my regulator for annual servicing?
Thanks so much for your help. I love that old regulator. Breathes fantastic.
Chuck
Richmond Hill, Georgia

If it goes nowhere here, you might want to contact DA Aquamaster here on SB. There is also a chance that Glynn Palmer at Malibu Scuba Repair might work for you (but its on the other coast). I think there is some "bunk" by your LDS. Vintage Double Hose (VDH) may have a parts kit. I know there are DIY guys diving them still.

P.S. - You might want to put this also in the "Vintage Forum" as those guys are a great resource.

The other place you might call is B&B Diving in Hillsville, Pa. He has been a Scubapro dealer since 1960 and has parts for damn near every reg they made. Last time I was there he was rebuilding one of the first stages that had the rattle in it. Bob is his name.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

We no longer inventory a service kit for the MKVII as there are a couple parts (o-rings) that are no longer available. There are some Dealers around that still have original stock of the last service kits if you post it around.

We no longer inventory a service kit for the MKVII as there are a couple parts (o-rings) that are no longer available. There are some Dealers around that still have original stock of the last service kits if you post it around.

Thanks SCUBAPRO Harry.
I guess it's time to get a new regulator. I first learned to dive in 1972 ( I was 13) . My dive instructor, Bart Collins, told me Scubapro was the best. I listened.
One thing I know.
It will be a Scubapro.
Chuck
Richmond Hill, Georgia

Rockinrebel; there were actually 3 MKVII's produced, each with a larger yoke (higher pressure tanks), and the final version with a silicon environmental kit:
1971, 1978, & 1980. 1st MKVII.jpg2nd MKVII.jpg3rd MKVII.jpg

best in diving.

Thanks Scubapro Harry. Mine is the last version. Great old regulator, as is the AIR 1.
I'm sure the next one I get will be the MK 25 / A700. The A700 reminds me of the old 109 I started with.
Chuck

Rockinrebel; there were actually 3 MKVII's produced, each with a larger yoke (higher pressure tanks), and the final version with a silicon environmental kit:
1971, 1978, & 1980.View attachment 129175View attachment 129176View attachment 129177

best in diving.

I'm guessing I'd probably have the same luck trying to get a MK5 & a 109 w/ Air 1 second stage (circa 1980s I guess?) serviced?

I just got OW certified and got them second handed from my Dad. The guys at my local shop flat out laughed at me. But they're in impeccable condition and don't want to (read: can't) spend money on all new gear if I don't have to.

Any Scubapro dealer should be able to service both the Mk5 and Air 1. Mk 5 kits are readily available and the Air 1 uses the same service kit as the D300/350/400.

I have a mark 5 and two 109's from 1980. I still get them serviced at my local ScubaPro dealer. Great reg. I got them from my father, who purchased them new in 1980.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom