Scubapro MK10 Plus + G250

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kd5izq

Reaction score
I've looked and searched on the posts, and I'm sure I may have overlooked something. Could someone fill me in about the Scubapro MK10 Plus and the G250 regs? I just want to make sure that I got a good set of regs. Basically what kind of performance and reliability that you know about them and that sort of thing.
Thanks.

are fantastic regs....

I have a Mk10 (not the plus, just a regular one) and its my "spare". No real difference (other than price and shine) between it and my more-recent Mk25.

Good stuff.

kd5izq once bubbled...
I've looked and searched on the posts, and I'm sure I may have overlooked something. Could someone fill me in about the Scubapro MK10 Plus and the G250 regs? I just want to make sure that I got a good set of regs. Basically what kind of performance and reliability that you know about them and that sort of thing.
Thanks.

Absolute bliss

They are the florida cave diving regulator!!!

Smooth Easy breathing ultra high performance! If you will be diving cold water I would go with a new mark 20 or 25 first stage as the have a thermo insulation kit installed in the first stage and are far better suited for extreme conditions! We take em under the ice and all through the Great Lakes!:)

You can't go wrong with a G250!

Len

Thanks a lot for the information. Apparently somebody purchased these in '96 and never used 'em. I got them and several other "basically new" componenets in a pawn shop for $800. I wonder how come I can't find any reference to it anywhere else on the net. Was it only a shortly produced model or what? I see lots of write ups on the G250 and the G250HP, which I'm guessing there is little difference in from what I've read, but I'm still curious about more info on the MK10 Plus. Any quirks or goods that you can think of I'd be very interested to hear about.

Thanks.

I have a Mk10 (not the Plus) and an old style G-250 that I bought a while back for an unbelievable price.

The Mk10 looks brand new, is easy to service (I have only serviced it once so far), is very reliable and breathes the same as my Mk25. The old style G-250 and the new style are both great regs. My old G-250 breathes the same as my new G-250 and the same as my S600, I can't tell them apart.

Great regs that will probably last forever.

The Mk25 is just an upgraded version of the Mk10/Mk10+. They are very similiar in design.

As posted elsewhere my MK 10 (though not the plus) was found to be cracked during the annual services earlier this year. I'm still waiting for a replacement!

If the regs have been laying around since 1996, please, have them serviced before diving, as rummer/latex/plastic parts might have deteriorated over time.

By the way that's a really good deal you got there!

Even as new as I am to Scuba, I know the importance of a yearly check up and especially with used equipment. Thanks for the information. I had read your post about your MK10 cracking. Man I hate to hear that. I hope you hear something soon. As far as the equipment purchase goes I think I got a pretty good deal

Zeagle Ranger BC (Rip-Cord Weight Integration w/weight bags though no weights)
Scubapro MK10 Plus + G250 + Air2 + Analog Console w/compass
2 4D UK or Ikelite Dive lights
1 Akona Dive Knife
1 Cochran Nemesis IIa-Nitrox Computer
1 Dive Alert
1 Sherwood Divebag (pretty big duffle bag type)
1 Collapsable sherwood mesh bag
1 Pair Akona Dive booties
1 Pair Cressi Frog Fins
1 Strap-on Dive Strobe

I thought I did pretty good for $857 including tax. There was also a 3m Scubapro farmer john wet suit, but it was too small.

Keep the comments coming on the regs, I would still be curios to know all I can about these regs.

Thanks,

I've had a Mk10/G250/G200 for 12+ years and it has been great.

The MK10 is a piston first stage and the G250 is a balanced second stage - both are well designed, reliable and durable - top of the line in their day. Later models have minor refinements, but you've gotten a good performing set, have it serviced before your first dive and at regular annnual intervals.

I have over 700 dives on mine and have been to 195 feet in warm water and 183 in cold water without any failures.

Back
Top Bottom