Scubapro MK17 "black cover / cap" replacement part

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mulla

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi All,

Wondering if anyone knows if I can purchase a replacement "cover" for the MK17? Basically the black plastic cover on the actual reg that says "MK17" (NOT the dust cover). Now I have a white coloured diaphram exposed at that spot, reg seemed to work still but probably best if I have something covering that soft spot.

Somehow I managed to mysteriously loose mine in a dive somewhere :S

Thanks.

Hi All,

Wondering if anyone knows if I can purchase a replacement "cover" for the MK17? Basically the black plastic cover on the actual reg that says "MK17" (NOT the dust cover). Now I have a white coloured diaphram exposed at that spot, reg seemed to work still but probably best if I have something covering that soft spot.

Somehow I managed to mysteriously loose mine in a dive somewhere :S

Thanks.

I use a lot of these Rotating Din Cap at LeisurePro

....assuming you have a DIN reg...

Maniago - I was referring to the red circled part. The reg still works perfectly without it, just means now I'm going to be paranoid about bumping that spot against something while searching for stuff. I think that's how I lost it initally, bumping into a wreck.

Capture.JPG

Maniago - I was referring to the red circled part. The reg still works perfectly without it, just means now I'm going to be paranoid about bumping that spot against something while searching for stuff. I think that's how I lost it initally, bumping into a wreck.

View attachment 179683

Guess, that's proof that a picture is worth a 1000 words...sorry about that.

Most Scubapro dealers should have a replacement. Did the same thing to one of my MK 17s on a cave diving course, got a new one at Extreme Exposure for less than $5.00.

Cheers, will try to chase one down at my lds.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

View attachment 179683

Once you get your cover installed consider flipping your first stage, meaning that the cover will be pointing down rather than up when connected to your cylinder. It will better protect the first stage. I did so with my Mk25 and while it lost some of the benefits of the swivel turret, I greatly enjoy knowing my first has a bit more protection from the inevitable slams and bumps.

Once you get your cover installed consider flipping your first stage, meaning that the cover will be pointing down rather than up when connected to your cylinder. It will better protect the first stage. I did so with my Mk25 and while it lost some of the benefits of the swivel turret, I greatly enjoy knowing my first has a bit more protection from the inevitable slams and bumps.

Well, I was on sidemount. Pressed myself hard against a wreck trying to get a lobster. I 'think' that's how I lost it :(

The part you're looking for is the "Cap AF" on the AF model, or the "Bumper" on the Mk17 plain.
PN's are:
10.117.104 Cap AF
10.117.111 Bumper
Cost should be less than $7 full retail
You'll also need a Mk17 decal (the bumper is plain).
PN 01.006.117 Decal
Again, less than $5.

Our store can mail 'em to you if you like.

Cheers!
Scubapro Pro Technician

The part you're looking for is the "Cap AF" on the AF model, or the "Bumper" on the Mk17 plain.
PN's are:
10.117.104 Cap AF
10.117.111 Bumper
Cost should be less than $7 full retail
You'll also need a Mk17 decal (the bumper is plain).
PN 01.006.117 Decal
Again, less than $5.

Cheers!
Scubapro Pro Technician

Thanks for providing part numbers! Have saved them for later use, I'm sure it will happen again!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom