Scubapro Mk19

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

adm3745

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I found this the other day...

MK 19 S600 - SCUBAPRO-UWATEC

This looks incredible. I wish they would release this in the U.S.A. I don't know German but it looks like it has the 5 LP Ports which would clean up hose routing like the Mk25.

Any opinions on it?

360° drehbarer Schwenkkopf mit 5 ND-Abgänge

I think that is 360 degree swivel with 5 LP ports.

No idea what it really says, but I can use bablefish:

MK19 1st stage

* Diaphragm controlled high speed stage balanced
* Isolated rule chamber (Dry Chamber)
* Patented one serrated heat exchanger
* 360° swivelling Schwenkkopf with 5 lp outlets
* Medium pressure from the outside adjustable
* Reciprocally appropriate hp outlets

Different body on the HP end. The 17 won't accept the turret. Nice way to combine sealed diaphragm and the 25 style swivel though.

It's been around for quite a while (at least when I bought it back in 2006)
it has similar performance to MK25, yet with a sealed chamber diaphragm design (I dive both & barely notice any difference)
here is where you can get it: http://www.deepstop.de/regulators-and-acc-c-79.html

I reckon it's built upon an older MK18 rather than MK17

The Mk 18 was a Mk 16 with a swivel cap. Similarly, the Mk 19 is a Mk 17 with a swivel cap.

And yes it is annoying as all hell that SP will sell them in Europe but not here. My best guess on that is that it would upset the marketing apple cart in the US regarding the Mk 25, which is billed in the US as Scubapro's "premier" first stage, when really the only potential advantage it offers over the Mk 17 is the swivel cap. As such, selling the Mk 19 in the US would further erode Mk 25 sales in the US and that is apparently an issue, in part because SP dealers make a bit more selling a Mk 25 than they do a Mk 17 and presumeably a Mk 19.

I've got mine attached to an A700 2nd stage......so we'll see how it copes over the winter. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom