ScubaPro MK25 first stage position

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BassDean

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Which way are you positioning the "turret" on the MK25 first stage, i.e., turret up, down, sideways?? Any advantage to a specific position?

Thanks in advance

BassDean

Whatever works for you. I have mine up, but others have it down. Hoses might be a bit more streamlined being down closer. Just have to re-arrange the hoses on the ports.

Like Warren said, any way you like, the reg will work properly in any position. Mine are both angled downwards for routing purposes.

WW

Down for single tank diving. It lets you put the tank up higher w/ out hitting your head. But you might have to switch you hoses around but takes like 20seconds.

I noticed the turret mk25 have a blank, if I am using single tank with yoke should the blank be facing my head or tank? I am just worried about the tank knob. Regards.

In addition to all mentioned above, turret down for diving in kelp to reduce snag.

Turret down. Octo hose comes off the bottom, main hose comes off the right side, LP inflator off the left. Blank side doesnt matter.

Downwards,
as upwards i will bang my head as i need the aluminium tanks pretty high to give me some weight on my chest while in Italy i dive only steel tanks and as they are more heavy i can use the turret up.
Turret downwards and a wing/back inflating BCD may lead to kinked hoses and you have to mount them on the right port to avoid that and anyway the turret will not turn anymore as the hoses block him in a given position..
If you don't have problems with banging your head you may use it turret up as it leave more room for routing the hoses.

Chris

Back
Top Bottom