Scubapro NovaScotia 6.5 mm Semi-Dry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I finally recieved mine @ a month ago. I am very impressed with it. The first time I dove it I automaticly reached for my drysuit valve. It is great for stopping the water transfer, as a matter of fact I have never had more than a few ounces in the suit. Ussually my legs are damp. and I am dry above the waist.

wow, sounds like peeing in it is out of the question!

:rofl3: Nobody pee's in their suit :eyebrow: just ask them

Set myself up for that LOL. But then again I DID say I was warm

Have used Scubapro wetsuits for the last 7 years:D, right now I’m using an S Tek, it’s great and old………Just bought the NovaScotia and will get it next week since it’s not available right now. Looks great in the photos and have read great comments, can’t wait to try it:confused:.

I don't mean to disappoint you, but it may not fit like your other scubapro wetsuits. I too own a s tek, awesome suit btw, but the Nova Scotia is almost a whole size up. I ordered it through my local dealer and when it came I tried it on in their store, I was really embarrassed when the Small was too big. Since SP doesn't make suits in mens small, I had to send it back and get a refund minus the shipping cost.

If it does fit though, you are in for one hell of a suit. Very well made, nice looking suit and I doubt you will be disappointed. The zipper is similar to a dry suit zipper and is waterproof, let me know how yours fits/and or works.

Who got a suit for $450??????? The Canadian Price is over $550! I haven't liked Scubapro's new Canada Pricing since the new distrubution people took over! This sucks, but that's why I can get a drysuit cheaper from Oceaner.

Not to revive this older thread............
But i was looking around to see what people thought of the SP semi-dry suit.

Im very new to diving! just got my o/w cert last weekend, at white star quarry in ohio.
Surface Temp 68°
40 FOW Temp 55°
60 FOW Temp 46°

The suit was easy to put on. Both me and my gf had no issues with it. Neck was a bit tight on my gf, (one size fits all type thing.) I wear under armer. The suit just slid right on, no issues.

I Found the zipper to restrict my shoulder movments on the surface. Once in the water didnt even notice it was there. I dove this suit 4 times last weekend.

Found the suit very warm at the surface, (to warm)
Only water i felt coming in was threw my SP 5 mm boots. The zipper lets in water.
At 40 FOW i was very comfy just my face was a bit cold.
And at 60 FOW 46° I noticed a bit of cold but nothing crazy, just enough to notice, then i forgot all about it and continued on my dive!
Im 155LBS 5'7 and a Med fit like a glove.

My gf is 100lbs 5'0 she was in a womens small. She said she didnt even notice the cold at 46°.

Hope this helps someone.
One note, both us have never tried another wet suit.

Kyle

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom