Scubapro O-ring Sizes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks Zung, I'll take a look for your earlier post on the issue too. I'll bet the former owner was wondering why his reg was breathing wet. This thing was supposedly serviced last year by an authorized tech. I guess I've seen worse (like secondaries being adjusted so poorly that the purge button did not work), but this is pretty obvious. Makes me feel like contacting the former owner and telling him to find himself a new tech.

This might be obvious to me when I take a closer look at the reg, but which way does the long metal barrel slide out of the reg? Through the adjustment knob side or through the hose side?

... This thing was supposedly serviced last year by an authorized tech...

Love this :D

...This might be obvious to me when I take a closer look at the reg, but which way does the long metal barrel slide out of the reg? Through the adjustment knob side or through the hose side?

Adjustment knob side. If you don't remove the cover/diaphragm first, you'll need a new diaphragm. And if you don't hold the lever down while removing the barrel, you'll need a new lever. That'll be 50 bucks for both items, plus tax please.

What O rings match up with the part numbers on the R108HP?

http://www.scubaproregulatormuseum.org/108_HP.JPG

Sorry, this one pre-dates my sources.

Just guessing:
  • 01-050-293: 2-902, 2-010 may work, source: awap
  • 01-050-351: 2-010
  • 01-050-375: 2-010
  • 01-050-157: 2-014, source: awap
Nitrile, EPDM, Viton, Duro 70

Last edited:
Hi Richkeller,

In the linked diagram:

Item 2 is hose dependent, a standard hose is
usually a -010
If it's a SP "Superflow" hose it's metric
You can probably make a -010 fit,
The closest non metric is probably a -903 but you
can probably also fit a -902
Item 3 is also hose dependent:
Standard 3/8 l/p port: -010
7/16 (same as hp port) then: -011
Item 10 valve body o-ring: -015
Item 13 orifice o-ring, best fit is usually a -902
if you're careful/lucky a soft -010 will work.

Item 3 is also hose dependent:
Standard 3/8 l/p port: -010
7/16 (same as hp port) then: -011

I have seen both the -010 and -011 recommended as a suitable replacement for the LP hose to 1st stage connection.

Is one better than the other, or do they both work equally well?

I believe I have also seen both the -011 and -012 for the HP ports.

For the LP hoses/ports, Scubapro usually specifies 010, it's a bit tight but works OK. Most other brands specify 011.

Same with the HP, 1 size up. I've had 1 single instance where a brand new non-SP gauge with a 012 developped a slow leak, fixed with a replacement 011.

I'd say it doesn't matter much, if it works, it works.

I've seen a few manufactures that recommend a -011 where ScubaPro would use a -010 and a -012 where SP uses an -011 so it probably doesn't matter that much. I prefer a more little stretch so I usually go toward the smaller size.

Basically, measure the diameter of the object you want to install the seal on. I is recommended the o-ring I.D. to be 1-5% smaller. So, I measure then multiply by .98 and use a chart to find the exact or next smaller size.

Edit:.....Zung and I are stepping on each other; thankfully we said ~ the same thing.

Couv was talking about the 2nd stage end of the hose, I think. That's where the SP superflow hose takes the odd size o-ring. The 1st stage side is 010 and 011 for HP.

Yes, the hose ends that attach to the first stage.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom