Scubapro O-ring Sizes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My head is spinning after reading this thread!

Secret handshake, we ain't got no secret handshake-and we'll kill anyone giving it away.

Some recent additions.
For some reasons, the Board doesn't like full size pictures anymore, so I have to zip them.

Attachments

• 10-710-X00 MK25 AF rev D-V5.zip
    384.7 KB · Views: 283
  • 080HP-rev-D-anno.zip
    219.7 KB · Views: 254
Found a SP#312 in Air2 G2 but have no idea which o-ring it is. anyone?

Found a SP#312 in Air2 G2 but have no idea which o-ring it is. anyone?

Measuring from a scaled o-ring schematic, it looks like a -904. It looks like it is a seal for bladder pressure so nitrile duro 70 should be fine. But PM couv - I'm sure he will know.

Couv just sent me a schematic and a part list of Air2 G2 and the 312 turns out to be -008.
Thank Couv and awap.

Item 51 Exhaust stem o-ring. The annotated file says -008

Couv just sent me a schematic and a part list of Air2 G2 and the 312 turns out to be -008.
Thank Couv and awap.

Item 51 Exhaust stem o-ring. The annotated file says -008

Looking at Scubapro O-ring schematic dated 12/97, there is just no way that can be correct unless SP screwed up their schematic. Page 4 of that schematic shows a 312 and a 126 (-008) one row apart and it is clear that the 312 is much smaller.

But I did read my Parker Bros catalog wrong and a -904 is also not even close so scratch that. (I was looking at tube size - oops.) Measuring from the schematic, I'm getting the 312 as 4.0mm ID and 7.0mm OD which makes it look metric. Closest SAE fit would be a -007

No clear answer but another hint. I got to looking more at the schematic and noticed the O-ring in question is held in place by a washer 01-060-138 and I thought that p/n looked familiar. Sure enough,I had a couple in my stash. They measure 8.0mm OD and 4.3mm ID which suggests that a -008 with an ID of 4.47 would be too big to seal on the shaft.

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom