Scubapro online sales

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubatoys:
........So we have decided that continuing to knock our heads against the wall is a tad futile, and SP and I have parted ways. We are selling off our remaining stock, which as it was sold directly from SP to us, and was not trans-shipped through any 3rd party, it will all come with manufacturers warranty... and when it's gone... it's gone!

I have plenty of other products that I support, and support me such as Zeagle, Aeris, Oceanic, Sherwood, Tusa, Dive Rite, OMS, Atomic, Henderson, Mares, etc, etc, etc...

There... was it worth the wait?:wink:
Well said. That is exactly the circumstances I thought when I first read this thread.

Scubatoys is my preferred provider for most of my scuba gear needs.

You won't get a factory warrantly buying scuba pro online no matter what lies an internet site spews up.

And you'll pay 200 bucks to change the battery in your smartcom, unless you got it from a shop where the change is free.

aquaoren:
Have you reported this "counterfeit gear" to the appropriate companies and authorities?
gave the faulty parts to appropriate reps from the two companies..

I have SP jetfins. That is the ONLY SP product I own, or will ever own unless they change their policies. I have voted with my feet, and my dollars.

I COMPLETELY disagree that SP's policys are out to protect dealers. That is bunk. SP's policies protect their bottom line and nothing more. THOUSANDS of dealers sell product and maintain sufficient margin to pay employess, and run a reputable business. All this without the ******* tactics. When you add to that the near impossibity for a person at home to service their SP regulators, or what appears to be increasing difficulty to even do mail-in service, it all adds up to a big fat NO SALE.

The Mk17 may be the best thing since sliced bread. But it won't grace my manifold. That spot is reserved for companies like Dive Rite, Zeagle, and others who try to gain market share by making better products, at fair prices, and servicing the customer. ScubaPro is about to learn that the global market will not support a monopoly. Too bad. And Aqua-Lung isn't far behind. Too bad Apeks had to go that direction.

Al Mialkovsky:
You won't get a factory warrantly buying scuba pro online no matter what lies an internet site spews up.

And you'll pay 200 bucks to change the battery in your smartcom, unless you got it from a shop where the change is free.

Your statement on the warrenty issue does not seem to agree with what SP says on its online site in its Q&A section.

"""I was told that my SCUBAPRO UWATEC equipment does not come with a warranty if I purchase it through the mail or over the internet. Is this true?

SCUBAPRO UWATEC equipment purchased from sources other than a SCUBAPRO UWATEC authorized dealer may not carry the specific warranty that the United States, US territories and Canada offers. This equipment is also not covered under the Free Preferred Parts Replacement Program or Batteries For Life Program. Authorized dealers are only allowed to sell SCUBAPRO UWATEC equipment over the counter, at their retail location. If you find a mail order or internet dealer selling SCUBAPRO UWATEC equipment, you should contact us to determine if you are dealing with an authorized dealer.""""

There are some very interesting legal issues at play here, and I'm not an attorney, but half my family is, plus I have several more on retainer... So I will lay out the layman legalize version and I'm sure we have plenty of attorneys on the board that will give us their take... A manufactured product comes with a manufactures warranty from the company. A company can choose who they sell to. They can say the product carries a warranty to the original purchaser from the retailer, thus if shop A sells to Shop B who then sells to a customer, there is no warranty... But if a manufacturer sets up a dealer, and sells them product at a price that includes a warranty, and that dealer sells that product, even after the dealer agreement has ended between the parties - they cannot void the warranty on those products.

In fact, to avoid the restraint of trade laws, all the dealer agreements from all manufacturers state that you can do whatever you want with product after you have it..., the manufacturer is not setting price, distribution, etc... they just have the right to no longer ship to you if you don't follow their policy... Otherwise, they would have a serious fair trade investigation... And this came straight from an agent at the DOJ that I talked to...

So it might be accurate that most people selling their product on line got it somehow that violated SP policies... if they sold it to someone, that might not have a warranty, but for a store that bought the product through their normal channels, and as recently recieved product as 3 weeks ago, they cannot simply recind the warranty on that product. The price I paid for the product, included a warranty - it stays in tact.

So any attorneys that want to feel free to chime in and quote some cases, law, etc... that would be great... But based on my understanding, and the explanations I have gotten from several attorneys and the department of justice, the above should be pretty close to accurate.

Larry,

It is unfortunate that your situation has come to this point. Do you have any idea how big or little a fish you were to ScubaPro? Perhaps they will wake up and take a more reasonable approach to the larger problems at play here, since the Ostrich thing isn't working out so well.

Mark Vlahos

Al Mialkovsky:

Is this a jab at Larry? A not-so-subtle accusation that Larry is a liar when he says you can buy his remaining SP gear online and get the warranty? Because I don't think that stance will get you far here.

If Larry says you get the warranty if you buy SP stuff from him online, then you get the warranty. I don't doubt it for a second. ScubaToys is a great business, and I've never experienced anything that would make me think they "spew lies". For those of us hours away from an LDS, ScubaToys is the next best thing...heck the service I get from ScubaToys beats anything I have ever gotten from a brick and mortar dive shop.

Anyway, I sure hope I misunderstood your implication.

Gregg

Do you understand what a "Factory warranty" is? If Larry claims he is giving a "Factory warranty" on SP he sells online (which he does not), then he would in fact be a liar.

Humuhumunukunukuapua'a:
If Larry says you get the warranty if you buy SP stuff from him online, then you get the warranty.
Anyway, I sure hope I misunderstood your implication.

Gregg

dherbman:
Do you understand what a "Factory warranty" is? If Larry claims he is giving a "Factory warranty" on SP he sells online (which he does not), then he would in fact be a liar.

No, I don't understand. Could you please reply in a more snotty tone or in some way make yourself out to be more of a jackass so that I can understand better?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom