Scubapro online sales

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'd like to say thanks to Scott and Michael for their support here... but really, I don't care what you two guys think! :wink: You're just guys I pay... It means a lot more the support for the guys who send me money! So to everyone who has gone to bat for my character... a deep gratitude...

And to those that are taking the other side... Keep believing your reps and the company line that it is just not possible to figure out where approximately 10 million dollars worth of equipment per year is being funneled off and sold on the net gray market. But now that we have some serial numbers on fins... well, now they can do something about it.

Instead of directing your anger at me, perhaps you should look a little deeper at the economic picture and how those policies affect your bottom line. If you want to sell some of Michaels bio fins - there is a map price that we adhere to, as does LP. If you want to sell an Aeris computer, there is a map I adhere to, and LP does not have them in stock... can't get them... But if one of your customers wants one an Apeks, Suunto, SP, or Uwatec product, the companies have tied the hands of the legit dealers and helped, either directly or indirectly to set up a world wide gray market that affects your bottom line way more than I ever will.

Humuhumunukunukuapua'a:
No, I don't understand. Could you please reply in a more snotty tone or in some way make yourself out to be more of a jackass so that I can understand better?
Yeah, dave's a jackass :)

:05:

I've said it before ... With all the help, straight forward answers, repetedly going out of his way to help people, here and at his store, I would not hesitate to purchase any and all of my gear from Larry.

DB

AL: Yeah, dave's a jackass

I'm also wrong......

Larry DOES offer a "Factory Warrantee" for SP gear bought online. It is against SP policy, but if it came to court, they would have to honor the warantee.

Is that correct?

I've no doubt that Larry is a great guy, honest, an assett to this community and all the other great things people have written about him. None of this has anything to do with the topic though. EXCEPT....... how he gets around the policy SP has regarding online sales.

I've got an attorney in my family too, but would prefer not having to use her services to have my reg warranty honored. Would that happen? Probably not, but if SP makes it an issue what are my options?

dherbman:
I've got an attorney in my family too, but would prefer not having to use her services to have my reg warranty honored.
She's my favorite attorney too but I wouldn't want her mad at me.

Well I wonder if scubatoys can manage to get that smartcom battery changed when it takes a dump in a couple of years? That would be an expensive screwup if they couldn't.

scubatoys:
Gee... I could have "chimed in" a long time ago... but it's way too much fun to hear everyone's opinions!:D

There... was it worth the wait?:wink:

Yes. Thank you Larry.

I have not bought anything from ScubaToys, mainly because I have several reliable sources. But if they dry up...

ScubaToys is first on the list.

Larry,

Are you also perchance selling any Scubapro regulator rebuild kits / parts? This change in your product line offerings has sunk my plan to ship you my pre-owned Scubapro regs for service next time.

If y'all still service equipment with the Scubapro trained technicians who will likely continue in your employ, at least until your stock of rebuild kits runs out, then maybe I have a chance.

I absolutely will not take my gear to the same LDS in my new area next service time!

Al Mialkovsky:
She's my favorite attorney too but I wouldn't want her mad at me.

Well I wonder if scubatoys can manage to get that smartcom battery changed when it takes a dump in a couple of years? That would be an expensive screwup if they couldn't.

Al... I'm feeling a bit of tension... anomosity. Relax.. maybe go for a dive, and concentrate on your business instead of others, and perhaps your life will become more cheerful.

Larry my business is the students I train. I have already seen many of them make internet purchases and get screwed in the process.

But please, continue on as you have :)

Al Mialkovsky:
Larry my business is the students I train. I have already seen many of them make internet purchases and get screwed in the process.

But please, continue on as you have :)

Yeah, it must be really tough. You go through all that work to train them and set them up for their scuba future and somebody else gets to screw them when they make that first purchase. As long as you insist that full MSRP is the only way to do business, I don't think the problem is going anywhere until you do. Maybe you need to train them better.:10:

Back
Top Bottom