Scubapro what??? help me identify these regulators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ferraritechbrian

Registered
Reaction score
hows it going everyone. im a huge fan of older gear. i got hooked on it by seeing my dive instructors 1968 and 1963 scubapro regulators. i decided to pick up a vintage first and second stage and i came across a set that seems to have been treated very well throughout the years. its scubapro which is what most of my gear is including my modern regulators. i want to play a bit with older gear so i bid on an older set and won.

please help me identify these regulators. anyone have any suggestions to add ports for my bc filler hose, octopus, and pressure guage to all work?

BfU4cwB2kKGrHqQH-D4ErfWsfQYBLyqbgqZ.jpg

BfU4eWQWkKGrHqMH-DcErhsoGdykBLyqhl7.jpg

BfU4fk2kKGrHqIH-CQErhemV3wWBLyqnNki.jpg

ive yet to receive delivery of the set, im too excited to sit still and not ask questions.

Last edited:
Mk1 first stage and a 109 2nd stage.

Good reference: HomeMUSEU

I almost bid on that. The Mk1 has the guts of a Mk5 so it is still supported. But I'd look at an application as a pony or stage reg. Get a Mk5 if you really want more than 1 lp port. The yoke on that Mk1 is probably not suitable for 3000 psi tanks but it can be replaced with a heavier yoke. It may take some shopping to find one in the marching shiny chrome. The 109 will probably need a new "duro poppet" and is then supported by the G200 service kit. If you are going to do it yourself, let me know and I'll show you how you can avoid the use of expensive service kits.

Your SPG will be fine on the one HP port (old Hex head port plug installed) but it is probably a 3/8th inch HP port so you will need a readily available adapter.

thank you for the quick and acurate response. i had checked out that site while bidding on the set to have an idea of what i was getting into.

how would i go about adding ports to that first stage to run a full setup? as it seems i could only add a pressure gauge to it.

hows it going everyone. im a huge fan of older gear. i got hooked on it by seeing y dive instructors 1968 and 1963 scubapro regulators. i decided to pick up a vintage first and second stage and i came across a set that seems to have been treated very well throughout the years. its scubapro which is what most of my gear is including my modern regulators. i want to play a bit with older gear so i bid on an older set and won.

It's a nice reg! I own one and the weirdest part is that I still dive it now and then, and it breathes like a dream.

Terry

I almost bid on that. The Mk1 has the guts of a Mk5 so it is still supported. But I'd look at an application as a pony or stage reg. Get a Mk5 if you really want more than 1 lp port. The yoke on that Mk1 is probably not suitable for 3000 psi tanks but it can be replaced with a heavier yoke. It may take some shopping to find one in the marching shiny chrome. The 109 will probably need a new "duro poppet" and is then supported by the G200 service kit. If you are going to do it yourself, let me know and I'll show you how you can avoid the use of expensive service kits.

Your SPG will be fine on the one HP port (old Hex head port plug installed) but it is probably a 3/8th inch HP port so you will need a readily available adapter.

very detailed. i appreciate all the help!

care to share a picture of your setup? :cool3:

Haven't got one handy, but it looks just like the post above.

I did have the yoke changed to a new model because I was worried about it breaking on a 3000PSI tank, but I'm probably going to have them swap it back to the original soon.

Terry

Haven't got one handy, but it looks just like the post above.

I did have the yoke changed to a new model because I was worried about it breaking on a 3000PSI tank, but I'm probably going to have them swap it back to the original soon.

Terry

im good friends with kenny down at ocean divers in key largo which is only 30 miles away from where i live. he is the one who owns the scubapro museum in key largo. im sure he wouldnt mind explaining everything to me. im afriad though that buisness is very slow and i hear perhaps the worst is coming. i will post actual pictures of the regulator set when i take delivery of it. perhaps my best option is to start shopping for an mk5 to be able to connect the rest of my gear. i'll have to speak with my instructor too. he says he has an mk1 with a low pressure port adaptor on it which i would be highly interested in finding one for myself. glad to be able to share and receive such positive responses. im thankful.

Back
Top Bottom