Scubapro X650

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for all the help. I went by the dive shop today (did three dives on a beautiful Sunday. I love Hawaii) and they have one more mk25/x650 set-up, but I'm told that a new order has been put if for the g250 and now they will sell the mk25/g250 combo for $390. They guys at the shop said the only difference between the x650 and the g250 is the looks. Is this true? I've only read good things about the g250. Any opinions?

Thanks and aloha,
Walker

The MK25 isn't a coldwater first stage. That would be the MK17 (or the MK19 if they ever get around to selling it in the US).

John

They guys at the shop said the only difference between the x650 and the g250 is the looks. Is this true?
Thanks and aloha,
Walker

No, it's not true. If the G250 is the new G250V, it's likely to be better than the X650, or at least considered more desirable by "old guard" divers who have used the original G250 as a workhorse for many years. Even if it's the current G250hp, I think many experienced divers would prefer the G250.

Hi. I just bought an X650/MK17 combo and dove with it this past weekend. Both worked great. I also have a S600/MK25 and can't tell the difference between the two sets (in terms of breathing). A X650/MK25 for $350 is a great price (about 1/2 of retail !!). My advice would be to jump on it unless you plan to dive in really cold waters and freezing is an issue !!!

bought my MK17/X650 a few weeks ago. I have five dives on it. love it! (crazy to say, but its almost to easy to breath) you can draw with no effort on the right setting
Looks cool too!!

Thanks for all the imput. I think I've decided on the gear.

My LDS is having a sale this weekend and I have 2 options.
1: Halcyon Eclipse BCD
mk25/g250 (not the new v, $450)
Cressi XS2 Octo
Mini knife
Scout backup light
Alert marker
150 Safety spool
Wrist compass
Mini SPG
Total $1790
Maybe a $200 "basic" computer

2: Halcyon BCD
mk26/s600
s600 octo
SPG
Cressi EDY dive computer
Total $2145

The first package I put together (the knife, light, marker, spool, and compass are in a package for $290.

The second set-up is a package from the dive shop. I'm leaning towards number 1. Any thoughts out there?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom