Scubapro XTEK Sport BPW?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Locus

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm looking into a used scubapro xtek bpw for sale at a very low price. Probably it's not the ideal bcd for me, but it might be better than the secondhand jacket bcd I'm using at present, and it is being sold very cheaply so I'm not going to be super fussy.

I tried googling it, and although there is a lot of information on other bpw's in the xtek line, I can't seem to find any information on this particular model. Does anyone know anything about it?

What wing and harness does it come with? X-Tek is SP line of Tech gear. I would only buy it if was "very cheap". It's good quality gear but its, IMO, at mrsp price, very expensive. Scubapro adopted their very own "S" tax from Halcyons "H" tax. Not surprising given the similarities. How cheap is very cheap? Why do you think "it's probably not" the ideal BCD for you? What would be the "ideal"?

---------- Post added July 3rd, 2013 at 02:04 AM ----------

I can't find an X Tek Sport, do you have a link?

What wing and harness does it come with? X-Tek is SP line of Tech gear. I would only buy it if was "very cheap". It's good quality gear but its, IMO, at mrsp price, very expensive. Scubapro adopted their very own "S" tax from Halcyons "H" tax. Not surprising given the similarities. How cheap is very cheap? Why do you think "it's probably not" the ideal BCD for you? What would be the "ideal"?

[h=2]ScubaPro BP/WING for sale. Too good to be true $400 [/h]

---------- Post added July 3rd, 2013 at 08:01 AM ----------

There is a Halcyon system for sale for $275 shipped.

Halycon is really good gear, expensive and when you can get it for that price, well worth the thought.

ScubaPro BP/WING for sale. Too good to be true $400

---------- Post added July 3rd, 2013 at 08:01 AM ----------

There is a Halcyon system for sale for $275 shipped.

Halycon is really good gear, expensive and when you can get it for that price, well worth the thought.

Cheers for the link.

That wing looks huge, looks like a doubles wing from the photo.

Locus, are you looking or a single tank rig?

If so and assuming the SP is a doubles wing I'd go the Halcyon over the SP especially at that price.

Cheers for the link.

That wing looks huge, looks like a doubles wing from the photo. Are you looking or a single tank rig?

If so and assuming the SP is a doubles wing I'd go the Halcyon over the SP especially at that price.

That looks like it will TACO badly, I remember having a similar sized wing and it was a PITA to properly empty, even bungied.

Asking price is $25, so they're basically giving it away. Haven't been able to see it in person yet but from the pictures I've seen it looks to be in fine shape.

The reason I assume it's not ideal for me is that, as others have pointed out, it's a huge wing (seller says it's 50lbs), and I likely will only ever need 40 max, probably less. Also they say the bp is plastic and I will ideally need ss as I dive a dry suit and use quite a bit of lead. However, this bpw is weight integrated so thats not a problem for now.

I can't find any links at all to this particular model; that's why I'm asking about it here. It clearly says Scubapro X-Tek Sport Tek on the back of the wing, but as far as google is concerned it doesn't exist. It looks much like any of the other X-tek models but with ditchable weight pouch slots at the waist. I'll post pics tonight.

Last edited:
That rig is a great choice if you are a DM/OWSI who works for an LDS that is a ScubaPro dealer who requires you to model the gear they sell.

Otherwise, not such a great choice..... However, did you say $25? I'd buy it in a hearbeat. At a minimum I'd sell it for a profit. Otherwise, yes, should be better then a stab jacket. Dive it a few times and see it you like it.

If you are still on the fence, let me know where I can send you $25 and shipping costs. :)

That rig is a great choice if you are a DM/OWSI who works for an LDS that is a ScubaPro dealer who requires you to model the gear they sell.

Otherwise, not such a great choice..... However, did you say $25? I'd buy it in a hearbeat. At a minimum I'd sell it for a profit. Otherwise, yes, should be better then a stab jacket. Dive it a few times and see it you like it.

If you are still on the fence, let me know where I can send you $25 and shipping costs. :)

My thoughts exactly.

Asking price is $25, so they're basically giving it away. Haven't been able to see it in person yet but from the pictures I've seen it looks to be in fine shape.

The reason I assume it's not ideal for me is that, as others have pointed out, it's a huge wing (seller says it's 50lbs), and I likely will only ever need 40 max, probably less. Also they say the bp is plastic and I will ideally need ss as I dive a dry suit and use quite a bit of lead. However, this bpw is weight integrated so thats not a problem for now.

I can't find any links at all to this particular model; that's why I'm asking about it here. It clearly says Scubapro X-Tek Sport Tek on the back of the wing, but as far as google is concerned it doesn't exist. It looks much like any of the other X-tek models but with ditchable weight pouch slots at the waist. I'll post pics tonight.

Id Pass on it.

I'm also looking at a used halcyon eclipse 40 with an hp steel 100 (needs viz + hydro) for $600. Any thoughts on that offer?

---------- Post added July 3rd, 2013 at 05:48 PM ----------

Id Pass on it.

Seriously? Is it too suspiciously low?

Back
Top Bottom