Sculpins Under Scrutiny

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

REEF HQ

Diving that Counts!
Reaction score
REEF is hosting another wonderful Fishinar for the hard to identify Sculpin class!
Sculpins Banner.jpg

Rats!

Can't make it then.

I LOVE your fishinars.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

You need to give people more than one day warning. My recommendation is to tell them"
14 days before
7 days before.
2 days before.
1 hour before.

A lot of folks are calendar-impaired.

And don't put text you care about in an image. Your image is almost unreadable.

Chuck

You need to give people more than one day warning. My recommendation is to tell them"
14 days before
7 days before.
2 days before.
1 hour before.

A lot of folks are calendar-impaired.

And don't put text you care about in an image. Your image is almost unreadable.

Chuck

Hey Chuck,
Thanks for your feedback. One of our new interns created and posted that colorful announcement, and I'll be sure to pass along the suggestions in the next staff meeting. As for the reminders, we hate to post TOO much, just because of the spam factor. Once people sign up, they get automatic messages reminding them one week before, 1 day before, 2 hours before.

For those who missed it, we have the recorded version posted on the website for one week. Just scroll down the page to the archives section, and you can pick up on the tips for IDing sculpins. Bear in mind this was primarily a Pacific NW centric presentation, although there is some overlap into Northern Cal on many of the species.

http://www.reef.org/resources/webinars

Best Fishes!
- Janna

It was really an excellent session. It focused on a few species in detail, rather than a gross overview of the family. I personally can't wait to get underwater to see if I can render the little guys better as a result.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom