SDI UW Nav class yesterday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

At one place in the quarry, yes, for a short distance. Instructor was shoulder to shoulder with me. We're used to cruddy viz. If we have more than 30 ft, it's a cause for celebration.

My zero viz question was aimed at the poster who asked if you used natural navigation. Very hard to use natural navigation in zero or near zero viz unless you have lots of landmarks memorized from previous dives

My zero viz question was aimed at the poster who asked if you used natural navigation. Very hard to use natural navigation in zero or near zero viz unless you have lots of landmarks memorized from previous dives

I didn't see that other post. Must be someone on my ignore list. There was very little natural navigation.

Nice job in tricky conditions. I've never done an octagon, even in the NAV course. The conditions for that were better though--Vortex Spring, FL.....the condition of me then was better too.

Nat nav does not just include things you can see... Bottom depth, bottom contours and a whole host of things I'll not go into. Especially as I'm ignored by the OP :)

This class kicked my butt, but I survived! :D

..../snip

So glad to see your transformation as a diver. Even as an onlooker I can see you are getting so much more confidence in the water. You chose the route that suited you (despite some naysayers at the time) and it is working for you.:thumb:

Good for you on being able to deal with low vis - this can be a huge issue and puts a lot of people off diving altogether. You stuck it out and even seems like you might have enjoyed it. If you can get over cold, low vis dives I think it makes you a far better diver than someone that only does warm water with perfect vis.

Back
Top Bottom