SE Qld - best dive trainers?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Merefish

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi

I'm refreshing my PADI certification after a 20 year break from diving and wondering if some of you South East Queenslanders have tips on who are the good dive trainers in the region are these days. Want to do my OW dives up there where the water is WARM!

Hi Merefish, just my opinion but steer well away from Redcliffe dive. Our O.W. experience was very poor, 2 swimming pool dives followed by 2 dives in an algae filled man made lake, visibility was less than 2 metres, water quality v questionable, and the owner of the business....well. 20 dives later feel sure that that was the worst possible start to diving, Needless to say we haven't been back. Wish you better luck

Come up to 1770, its great up here!

Do yourself a favour and head to Byron Bay and dive Julian Rocks with Byron Bay Dive Centre. I did an extended course with the guys last Feb and had some of the most amazing dives all in water less than 18mtres. On the 1st few dives you will get a sore neck looking from side to side at all the marine life - both big and small.

I am based in Cairns so its always warm! But 2 dive Centres I have had a lot of delings with and can recommend would be Gold Coast Dive Centre and Noosa Ble Water Dive. The latter is a really professional and friendly bunch with great facilites.
Other than that depends where in SE Qld you intend to be.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Discount dive travel to the Barrier Reef and Coral Sea - live aboard and day trips.

Cairns Discount Dive Trips - Australia Diving - Cairns and the Great Barrier Reef

Dont know how old this post is but Noosa Blue Water moved to Mooloolaba change name to Blue Water Dive and has now closed up shop for good. of the five dive shops on the Sunshine Coast Queensland there are only three left from closet to brisbane to furtherest : Wildcat Watersports Caloundra, Sunreef Mooloolaba and SCUBA World Mooloolaba. All are well known for what they do and all three are well staffed and very helpful. check out there websites.

Back
Top Bottom