Sea-Doo VS Supercharged and Explorer experiences

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I recieved my battery back today seems to charge with no problem
all in order very pleased.... now cant wait to test this unit in the water in action

took a week and a half in totally from the time i mailed it to the time i recieved very fast turn around
so far the get a 5stars in turn around service

I live in Tampa it got shipped to irvine,CA and back to me...
minute they recieved it they replaced and mailed back to me same day

ok use it at the pool today it was awesome had no problems

took it home to recharge the batter now i cant get the freaking thing off
errr theres no pressure release valve on these

how did you guys get yours off?

Had the same experience, just need to muscle it. We had to get a few guys, two holding the base, two pulling real hard to break the vacuum seal. It's not fun, but we made it work by shear force. Someone should tell them to design a pressure release valve, it would certainly make it easier.

I just posted this this when the question was asked on a previous thread:

I attached the instructions for nose cone removal for the SeaDoo Seascooter Explorer from the owners manual: (if it's really tough you can roll it on the latch)

Attachments

• noseconeremoval.jpg
    noseconeremoval.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 146
I have upgraded from 2 VS models to 2 Explorers and have a couple questions. How can you tell which manufacturer you have as far as build date? Mine are made by DAKA which I am guessing are the older ones. Can that be upgraded before problems occur? I have used one of them with no problems.

The "tow rope" you have made hooks to what on your body? Are you wearing a crotch harness/belt or hooking to weight belt or BCD which doesn't make sense to me safety wise.
Tanks, S.

The "tow rope" you have made hooks to what on your body? Are you wearing a crotch harness/belt or hooking to weight belt or BCD which doesn't make sense to me safety wise.
Tanks, S.

Can't speak for others but all the scooter users I know have a crotch strap with a D ring on their BP/W. I'm sure you could devise something similar for a jacket style BCD.

Another option is this Dive Xtras - Dive Xtras

Yes, I have seen the Dive X was just wondering about alternatives or DIY solutions. Attaching to BCD without a crotch belt seems like it would pull BC forward and not to good an idea. Back plate kind of a different game.

You can sew a crotch strap to your BCD if you're handy with a sewing machine. Or you can just come over to the dark side:D

I have upgraded from 2 VS models to 2 Explorers and have a couple questions. How can you tell which manufacturer you have as far as build date? Mine are made by DAKA which I am guessing are the older ones. Can that be upgraded before problems occur? I have used one of them with no problems.

Tanks, S.

If the Sea Doo Seascooter Explorers you have are DAKA they are the older version as DAKA no longer manufactures them.

Just got my replacement board for my VS - Seems to have gotten a little salt water in the control section :( - a reason not to keep it standing up I guess . I tried to seal it a little better - time will tell. Won't be able to dive till the following weekend.

Back
Top Bottom