Seahunt TV show last episode aired 50 years ago today!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, I'm a poor European who heard about Sea Hunt only when I was quite experienced diver and started to look after scuba related movies and TV-shows. For us Captain Cousteau was the most important hero of the underwater world.

Nobody is attempting to diminish Captain Cousteau. Lloyd Bridges popularized diving in the US, nothing more. Please drop the "poor European" bit. So am I, OK, one generation removed. Same diff...

And I was (gulp) there

Absolutely! I was 3 when I decided I wanted to dive as a direct result of the show. My parents promised me I could learn when I turned 14. Must have really impressed me. I don't remember watching many re-runs, but I LIVED for that promise. I'm 54 now, you can do the math.

Thanks Sea Hunt, I've enjoyed the experience.

Just joking.:) By the way for me it is really new and interesting there were such interesting TV-shows in the US 50 years(!!) ago. I became a fan of Sea Hunt, and I wrote an article about but the majority of Hungarian divers still don't hear about so they just asked, "who is that Mike Nelson?" Strange. Cousteau's work was totally different but in my country he was practically the only one who we knew- I had to learn much later about the other explorers, like Hans Hass. And there were some local pioneers too but the ordinary Hungarian people weren't allowed to travel and dive so this whole scuba diving was soooo mysterious for me when I was a child.

I loved that show! ... but funnily enough, it did not start intrest in diving

If in US you can watch the first season on HULU ... Sea Hunt - Full Episodes and Clips streaming online - Hulu

If you want to hear something done back in the day, look for HEAR HOW To Skin Dive by Lloyd Bridges,
originally on vinyl from the program Hear How ... Hear How To Skin Dive / RARE Lloyd Bridges Sea Hunt CD!

Listen to some excerpts from Hear How To Skin Dive ... Lloyd Bridges - Hear How To Skin Dive (Vinyl) Mp3 Album Download

Mike Nelson's C card :)

Picture3056.jpg

Yeah, Sea Hunt sure did it for me. I watched the originals back in the 50's. I'm 64 and have the dvd's and love every minute of them. Started diving in 1969, self taught on the south west coast of Spain. We mail ordered all the gear and read the few books available. Still have my two hose Royal Aqua Master. Thanks for the trip down memory lane.

Dave

Sea Hunt definitely had an influence on my desire to dive. Also Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea helped as well. It took me almost 50 years, but I finally made it!

Sea Hunt rock!

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

I've only been diving for 13 years but watching Sea Hunt reruns starting about two years ago has really changed things for me.
I got into vintage diving (as a side hobby) because of it and all the methods associated with using Sea Hunt era gear. I can say it's really inspiring and has made diving very exciting again.

Reactions: D_B
Does anyone remember the TV series The Aquanauts, later Malibu Run?

It looked like they had a deal with Sportsways to supply their gear. It didn’t last long. I’m not sure if it was the almost complete lack of story line or maybe the all-black wetsuits :wink:

I can’t say it influanced me, but I watched all of them anyway.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom