SeaLife DC800

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SkipperJohn
can you do that thinks
i realy want to see more of its picture really i chang my mind after i see your first picture
i was thinking to buy Canon G9 becoz i can get realy nice picture with it

It's too bad thet the ability to shoot in RAW, especially with SDHC cards up to 16GB supported, is still unsupported by SeaLife. I wish that in their next model that this will be offered.

Furthermore, the video software causes the frames to halt...it isn't "fluid". I have to use dynapal to make the motion smooth (frames are dropped).

Support for SDHC cards would be nice as well. Since 16GB cards are available for around $50, it would be nice to be able to use their high data transfer rate.

SeaLife could be the dominating underwater camera manufacturer and lead with excellence...if they really wanted to. I'm happy with my DC500 for now...I want to wait and see how they take advantage of the new technology...use it or ignore it.

I'll post either tonight or tomorrow. These pictures are HUGE! and shot on less than the highest resolution as I am using a 1 gig card and want to conserve.

Here is one underwater Pic from this weekend , I love this camera. This was the first time in the water with it and the water was some what clear but had alot of particles in it from all the diving activities that day. Alberta is not known for warm clear water.

Attachments

• PICT0117.JPG
    PICT0117.JPG
    177.8 KB · Views: 191
OK fine, after years of shopping and excuse making and procrastinating, it looks like I have to get a complete underwater set up - for much cheaper than a good housing for my D80!

Furthermore, the video software causes the frames to halt...it isn't "fluid". I have to use dynapal to make the motion smooth (frames are dropped).

Support for SDHC cards would be nice as well. Since 16GB cards are available for around $50, it would be nice to be able to use their high data transfer rate.

SeaLife could be the dominating underwater camera manufacturer and lead with excellence...if they really wanted to. I'm happy with my DC500 for now...I want to wait and see how they take advantage of the new technology...use it or ignore it.

The DC800 video is very smooth no dropped frames at all, there is a wierd audio bug (a small whirlling sound) but you can barely hear it and for the most part the background sound drowns it out

Here is a link to a picture that has not been modified or altered. Just uploaded off of the camera.
http://www.whiterosecharters.com/snake/0719_002.JPG
You can see the detail is amazing.
Also the camera was in the housing and shot above water, but this picture was before it got covered with fish slime (a careless friend)

Question for Denise:

Since you do not recomend using any silicone on the rubber gasket; how do you get it to stay in place while closing the back? i push it into place and begin to close the housing but a corner always pops up before i get it closed.

I bought the DC800 A couple of weeks ago and was quit pleased with it until I took it diving in Monterey. On Friday I got some excellent pics and video and my wife was excited about the videos. However, I was concerned about a few drops of water that had leaked in and examined the O ring and seating surface for contamination or defects. Max depth that day was 70 FSW.
I found nothing and cleaned the O ring and seating surface with distilled water and dived again the next day (Saturday). I was descending and taking some shots of two other divers when the camera stopped working. Looking at the display I could see water inside the case and put the camera in my BC pocket for later examination. I continued the dive but felt a little bit peeved. During the dive the camera was lost and (I could not zip the pocket) now I am out of a camera and probably will never buy a sealife product again. It's not their fault I lost it but this would not have happened had it not leaked.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom