Sealife Light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rhysherriott

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hey,

Already have a sealife camera and looking to add a flash on. Any suggestions on the right flash to get? Is the diffuser a must? Does it come with all the mounting equipment? Thanks for your help!

Hey,

Already have a sealife camera and looking to add a flash on. Any suggestions on the right flash to get? Is the diffuser a must? Does it come with all the mounting equipment? Thanks for your help!
Which camera do you have? Have you looked over this? Lighting | Sealife Cameras

Hi Sealife,

I just bought a Sealife D800 from Ebay and can't wait to use it. However I know the camera's internal flash is good to only 10 to 15 metres, correct? I've checked the above link to your website and saw the strobes / flashes you have available. However I can't afford the price. Is there anything else I can use, or would a flash from a different maker work (sorry)? I have a old Sea and Sea camera (film type) that has a strobe / flash. Can I use that?

Thanks for your help.

Elaine

The onboard flash is too close to the lens to do more than light up the backscatter, and crap up the image. I turn the flash off completely for almost all of my diving. If I am not using a strobe (I do have a Sealife TTL on my Sea and Sea ) I try to use a fast enough ASA setting, to use available light, if using the camera only (I often dive w/o the strobe) I will use the flash to capture something under a ledge or in a hide-hole, where I am only inches away from the subject.

(NOTE: I am NOT much of a photographer or I'd be using the strobe a lot more than I do)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom