SeaQuest Air Source

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sprinter

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,

I currently use a Seaquest Airsource on my BCD. This is a redundant second stage regulator with a built in power inflator button similar to Scubapro's Air 2.

Recently the plastic cover which acts as a purge lever broke off, exposing the rubber diaphragm underneath. I've checked with a LDS for a replacement but they say a replacement cover comes as an assembly and costs about US$260!

Does anyone know where I can find a replacement cover without paying an arm and a leg?

Thanks.

Sprinter

I think that sounds way off! I post back later with the results

Hallmac

That's more than I paid for mine brand new. I'll go back and check on the price.

I think I only paid $165 for my entire Airsource when I bought my QD+. You should be able to get that cheeper than buying an entire rig.

Now isn't that nasty :confused: Either my LDS totally miunderstood my inquiry or they couldn't admit they were unable to find anything.

BTW my Airsource is the first generation model. It looks more like the Air 2 than the current Airsource.

Used to be neon green...not sure if a cover for this is still available but would be nice if I can find one.

Cheers.

Sprinter

That cost sounds pretty ridiculous, I have a new, never used one that I want to sell, and for MUCH less than $260. If anyone's interested let me know.

Ben

The shop did not know what they were talking about. Check with the shop where you bought it to see if they can order that part for you. If not, you can buy a brand new one for $125 at the shop I mentioned above. Call first - I bought the last one they had in stock. The owner of the shop said they are discontinuing the Air Source but I have not heard that elsewhere.

--Matt

Sent the guys from Seaquest a query and got this response. Doesn't tell me how much it will cost though...

Hello Walter, the retaining ring is still available but due to issues of thread tolerances it is only sold in a body kit that has all the hard plastic parts with matched threads. Your old Airsource would have to be disassembled and rebuilt into the new body kit. This can only be done through a Authorized dealer. Hopefully none of the other parts have been lost as the other parts for that unit are no longer available.

Sincerely,
Todd Anderson
Aqualung Repair Dept.
(760) 597-5000 ext.6337

"I would figure the average to do a full service would be approx $45.00 USA for the labor plus a service kit which is approx $10.50 then the body kit about $30.00 and any shipping if you send it out. I can only estimate all this pricing as we don't deal with retail. The problem that you need to consider is next time for service the parts could be non-existent."

Sincerely,
Todd Anderson
Aqualung Repair Dept.
(760) 597-5000 ext.6337

Bottomline? Get a new one - Sprinter

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom