SeaQuest BC's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'll be taking my OW cert. next week with a LDS. One of my first purchases will be a BC. His shop only seems to carry SeaQuest BC's. I've searched the board and didn't seem to find much on that brand. I'm not limited to this one shop ad one brand but figured I'd at least try and support them if I can. So do SeaQuests have a decent reputation or should I be looking at Zeagle?

I have a sea quest. I now 10 people with sea quest. The lds and dive school here in West Palm use sea quest. I like mine. Oh the instructor that tout me had the same sea quest pro.

ckjacques53198:
. . I've searched the board and didn't seem to find much on that brand. . .

That's because this is the 24/7 BP/W board! :wink:

Seaquest makes great BCs. My personal preference is for the back-inflate, such as the Balance, but that, too is just a personal preference. The ProQD and S111 are very popular with many of my dive buddies.

If a BC is what you want, you can definitely find a SeaQuest that will satisfy you. If possible, rent beg or borrow a couple different models and spend a weekend diving with them. Also ask some of your buddies what they do and don't like about the model they currently own.

Have fun diving,
theskull

ckjacques53198:
I'll be taking my OW cert. next week with a LDS. One of my first purchases will be a BC. His shop only seems to carry SeaQuest BC's. I've searched the board and didn't seem to find much on that brand. I'm not limited to this one shop ad one brand but figured I'd at least try and support them if I can. So do SeaQuests have a decent reputation or should I be looking at Zeagle?
Either is fine, any major brand is fine. Don't buy on brand, buy on fit and features. You may discover that none of the sizes of any style in a single brand happen to fit or suit you best. If you like what your LDS has and want to buy it great, but I'd look further first.

Are you thinking of buying a BC before class? Most people will say that is not a good idea to buy any of your major gear before class, rent first. Most classes include gear rentals for class or give you a good deal. It's hard to know what gear to get before you've learned to dive. And there is always a small chance you won't like it or quit for some reason.

I just got a Seaquest Balance and love it. I had only used jacket style BC's before and I love the comfort of the back inflate. I would reccomend it in a heartbeat

I've had a seaquest balance BC for nine years with absoulutely no complaints. I would recommend the integrated airsource vs an octopus for a more streamlined config. You may also want to compare your comfort with back mount inflation vs the conventional jacket style. There are plus's and minus's for both, it all comes down to personal comfort and style. If you log on to scubadiving magazines website I believe there are some past articles on comparisons as well as some gear reviews that may be helpful.

>(((">

When I made the switch from horse collar to BCD back in the 80's I went with the Seaquest DVI (with bladder) and have stuck with Seaquest right up to the present. Currenly diving with the Seaquest Predator. There a lot of good BC's out there but Seaquest has always performed well for me. Speaking of which ...I have a "like new" Seaquest Spectrum III that I don't use any more. Might be something to consider.

'Slogger

ckjacques53198:

Although I am part of the bp/w conspiracy I have three. I also have a Seaquest Black Diamond that I have had for several years. It is an excellent BC and when I'm working with students it is the vest that I use. The BD is a back inflation which gives me the same balance as a wing. I have traveled with it and have never had any trouble.

My wife has a Seaquest Eva that fits her perectly. She has also dove with other vests but prefers the Eva. Seaquest BCD's are good quality and ours have held up to a lot of diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom