SeaQuest BC's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TSandM:
My husband dives a Balance and loves it. I started out with a Libra, but switched to a BP/W. Be aware that the inflator coupling on the Seaquest BCs is proprietary and not compatible with other brands of inflators, so you would need to swap hoses if you ever had to borrow or rent gear.

??

I have a SeaQuest Balance BC and use the same hoses as I use when I dive my Halcyon wing or my DiveRite wing! Definitely a standard inflator coupling.

. . . unless he has the AIR2 reg/inflator rather than a simple inflate/deflate valve.

theskull

SeaQuest makes great bc. I own a SeaQuest ProQD+ (which I use for my pool assistances) and is very happy with it. Though I don't dive with it much (since I prefer diving in BP+Wing) it is very comfortable in and out of the water.

Okay -- maybe that's the problem, because we both had Air2s. I just know that our inflators didn't work on anybody else's gear.

I have a Seaquest Pro QD and have found that the tank band is too short for the velcro fasteners to meet when I dive with a larger diameter tank, like a steel 119. This leaves the strap end to flop around behind me, unsecured, which makes me nervous. Does anyone know of a way to extend the strap? How do you other Sequest people deal with this?

I have a Seaquest Pro QD and have found that the tank band is too short for the velcro fasteners to meet when I dive with a larger diameter tank, like a steel 119. This leaves the strap end to flop around behind me, unsecured, which makes me nervous. Does anyone know of a way to extend the strap? How do you other Sequest people deal with this?

How about aquasealing another piece of velcro to the strap. Sewing it on is a major pain.

As others have suggested, try a few before you buy. I happen to love Zeagles, I have one thats 12 years old, one 4 years old and one for my daughter thats 2 years old.(the BC that is)

I just purchased a Seaquest ProQ bc and I love it. It has six d rings which I don't really need but I guess its better to have em' and not need em than need em' and not have em'. Only dove with it twice but enjoyed it on both dives. The only problem I have and I haven't honestly looked at it that well but my problem is finding the weight integrated pockets on the back to put weight in it. When I dove with it all the weight was at the front and would tilt me toward the water so I had to fight to stay upright but I am sure once I get the weights in the back it will be a whole lot better. Just my two cents, for whatever they are worth..

Thanks,
Michael

You could just get a replacement cams trap from someplace like Dive-Rite Express. The length is generous.

As for the Sequest topic in general this a revived thread, circa 2006 and I think the OP has made a decision by now.

Pete

Yeah, I revived the topic rather than post a new one. Thanks for the dive rite link. That looks like a great solution.

I Have The Pro Qd+ And My Buddy Has The New Qd. They Both Have Back Pockets For Weight And Shoulder Weight. So For Most People The True Balance Can Be Achieved. I Dive With Steel 108 Lp And My Buddy Has Al 100's No Problems With The Tank Straps.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom