Search and Rescue - Scubaboard Staff Member - Northernone - Missing in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
She decided to separate from him 4 hours ago? I'm sure there's some translation issues perhaps.

They normally separate for 5-10 minutes while Cameron drops down to 120-150ft, then he rejoins the mother. They never rejoined.

It sounds like this was not the first time he dove deep (120-150') solo. That's probably why the mother waited for a while before calling for help.

Praying for a safe return. Scary how quickly something can go wrong. Praying that he is found floating.

For those who do not know this young kind man, I want to put a face on him. Please go to this page and donate so that he can be found safe and sound. It does not have to be a big amount. The first few hours are critical. He helped countless people here on SB, now it's our turn.
37815022_1552841193808348_r.jpg

Done. I've been feeling horribly powerless all day watching. I wish I could be riding right-seat as a lookout, but at least this is something. Thanks to all who are keeping us posted and giving us a vehicle to try to help. Cameron, family, friends, and community in our thoughts.

I realize it is not exactly business friendly, but for the the Dive-Ops on island, any chance of taking up a collection from today's clients to add to the pool?

i noticed that SAR DAN insurance is only covered in 'DAN boater' insurance....not standard diver. Is that accurate?
I think so. SAR is usually provided without charge in most countries, but not always. It looks like their boater insurance provides up to $25,000.

When a couple got lost at sea in Australian waters, rescued, and was interviewed on TV, they claimed that their DAN dive insurance would pay for the SAR - but they were mistaken. DAN did make a donation, maybe $1,000 - but that was not required.

I donated to the Gofundme account. Extra money for extra plane time has to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom