Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Questioning the need for the elastic waist thing. If it's cut to fit, seems it shouldn't be needed to cinch in extra. Also, the suit is just gonna compress to you underwater anyway so what's the point? Am I missing something?

That’s scrunchy thing is mainly for women and their “curves.” My wife got one on her suit, not sure if it helps anything but definitely doesn’t hurt anything.

Some folks have commented on the neo socks being snug. If you did it again, would you order the next size larger sock?

Some folks have commented on the neo socks being snug. If you did it again, would you order the next size larger sock?
I went with shoe size, my 8ish year old suit had really big socks, if they shrunk them down a bit that would be a good thing, I wouldn’t worry to much about it.

I went with shoe size, my 8ish year old suit had really big socks, if they shrunk them down a bit that would be a good thing, I wouldn’t worry to much about it.
Do you know if you order the thicker undergarment option if the socks also come bigger like the rest of the suit?

catheters are the weak link, cut about 70% off of the nipple off to lessen the chance of a kink which will cause back pressure and will often lift the glue away from the little buddies skin, make so short the the barb looks dangerous.
I've also found that rolling the catheter onto a relaxed member as opposed to trying to pull the skin back and jam it in there helps.. so when you're done (not you, but people reading) it should hang just like it always does.

No one ever told me, maybe I'm not the brightest crown in the box but my 1st 60 or so attempts I would try to get just the tip inside which would inevitably pull the skin back and while it worked it always seemed like it was ready to fall off any minute after a few hours. Now the way I do it I know it would last at least 6-8 hours no problem.

Idk... the only video I've seen uses a banana but doesn't really go into detail about how one should get it to just be on there.

Also concur 100% about cutting the tip of the catheter... I don't think I've ever had even a little kink after adding that to my process.

I know that's graphic, but man I wish someone told me that from the beginning.... plus it's just a penis, and apparently anyone can have one these days:)

By the way my total with shipping, 810 GBP, less than $950

That is awesome... I need to order it already!

Do you know if you order the thicker undergarment option if the socks also come bigger like the rest of the suit?
No idea, I don’t allow for extra thick undies because I don’t use use the fluffy type of undies.

Various random ordered questions...

If you want the Rolock dry glove system, I assume you also need to order the SiTech Oval cuff rings?

How much value would you say the "neck warmer" options add?

If a person isn't a tech diver or instructor, would people recommend the flat pockets to keep things more streamlined?

I'm a bit barrel chested, is that the idea behind the longer LP hose option or is it geared towards another reason?

Is there a consensus on YKK vs brass zipper? I would be diving like 4-8 tanks a months if that matters.

Do people get the braces pocket for car keys or do you stow them elsewhere?

Anyone got a good source where I can learn how all this pee valve sluff works?

Thanks!

If you get a Si Tech neck seal system, you can then get a Waterproof Neoprene replaceable neck seal to use in it. With that, the neck warm option on the drysuit becomes somewhat superfluous. With a silicone neck seal, in water below 50F or so, I think the neck warmer is nice to have. I got the "simple" one and have no ragrets. :wink: LOL

I would put way more importance on roomy pockets than on being "streamlined" by having flat pockets. Drysuits are not going to be very streamlined, regardless.

I have had plastic zippers on 3 suits and I have a brass one on my Seaskin neoprene suit. I like the plastic zippers better. They are WAY easier to zip/unzip and mine have all held up just fine.

For pee valve stuff, my posts here MAY be useful to you: Drysuits and pee valves

Hopefully not a stupid question... with the quick neck system which is designed for silicon seals, is there an option for using a neo neck seal, or interchanging between the two depending on the season and prevailing air/water temperatures?

Hopefully not a stupid question... with the quick neck system which is designed for silicon seals, is there an option for using a neo neck seal, or interchanging between the two depending on the season and prevailing air/water temperatures?

Did you read the post directly before yours? Waterproof makes a neo neck seal that can be installed. I think it's like $100 though.

Did you read the post directly before yours? Waterproof makes a neo neck seal that can be installed. I think it's like $100 though.

LOL!

I have one. It is awesome. As in, awesomely comfortable and warmer than a silicone neck seal.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom