Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LOL!

I have one. It is awesome. As in, awesomely comfortable and warmer than a silicone neck seal.
So is that all you use or do you ever go back and forth with silicon for some reason?

I have one. It is awesome. As in, awesomely comfortable and warmer than a silicone neck seal.
I have to imagine Stuart that this would go beyond just having a warmer neck too. Yes, it makes the neck more comfortable, but a lot of blood goes through the neck and if that blood isn't getting cooled down as much, it may keep the entire body more warm.

I have to imagine Stuart that this would go beyond just having a warmer neck too. Yes, it makes the neck more comfortable, but a lot of blood goes through the neck and if that blood isn't getting cooled down as much, it may keep the entire body more warm.
I have one on my neoprene Seaskin, it’s awesome

So is that all you use or do you ever go back and forth with silicon for some reason?

Well, I currently have a silicone one one my suit. I switched back because I was trying to diagnose what felt like a possible leak. I haven't switched back to the neo one simply because I'm lazy and I haven't done any diving in especially cold water lately.

You always need to have a spare neck seal on hand and silicone is a lot less expensive than the neo one, so may as well have one of each... (or so it seems to me)

Agreed!

I really want to order one. I'm hoping to go on a dive trip in February and I've gained like 40 pounds of bioprene during COVID 😫 So I'm planning on losing it in the next 5 months so I can fit in my wetsuit 🤣. The last thing I want to do is order a $1,000 custom drysuit and then have half my measurements be off by 4 inches. Maybe I can measure up in February and get the drysuit for summer diving.

Well, I currently have a silicone one one my suit. I switched back because I was trying to diagnose what felt like a possible leak. I haven't switched back to the neo one simply because I'm lazy and I haven't done any diving in especially cold water lately.

You always need to have a spare neck seal on hand and silicone is a lot less expensive than the neo one, so may as well have one of each... (or so it seems to me)
Maybe I can order the suit with the quick neck system and not add on the extra silicone seals. I assume it comes with one silicone seal. Then apply the money I would save on the extra seals towards the neo seal and have the silicone one as a back up.

Maybe I can order the suit with the quick neck system and not add on the extra silicone seals. I assume it comes with one silicone seal. Then apply the money I would save on the extra seals towards the neo seal and have the silicone one as a back up.
Yes mine came with a silicone neck seal and 2 wrist seals.

the spares are so cheap from Seaskin it's smart to add a few onto the order. If I remember correctly it was less than half of the cost locally. got a bunch of wrist and neck seals for my wife and I.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom