Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You guys talk your suit's seals before each dive? I'm thinking to use a soap water mix spray bottle instead.
I cut mine back (so no real seals per se), but when I use seals I just use the same baby shampoo / water mix that we use on masks and for helping people get in their wetsuits.

I forget to 90% of the time, but I think it helps to talc the inside of the suit. Helps the undersuit slide in better.

You guys talk your suit's seals before each dive? I'm thinking to use a soap water mix spray bottle instead.
Silicone neck so nothing needed there. Kubi rings have a removable wrist seal that I fight with keeping in place. One pulled off fully during doff after my last dive and I think I may just remove the other. I'm torn between having them or just trusting my rings and gloves.

So second try on session went better. I only wore a base layer so of course it made it much easier. I did notice that the legs are cut quite tight and I need to sit down to get out of the suit. The good thing is the suit isn't baggy but hopefully it won't be an issue with being too tight. Now the wait begins. Excuse the crap picture :)
20230413_182247.jpg

I did notice that the legs are cut quite tight
Exactly what I noticed also. Especially the part under the knee is very tight. It works but requires some effort and ballerina feet to get down there in the neoprene socks... I guess it's a good thing; less chance to get floaty feet.

Right on schedule. I got the ship notification and customs bill for $138.76. Paid it online. Scheduled delivery before they figured out there were customs fees due was Monday. The bad news is that my back, which I thought was fixed after the last surgery, is worse than ever so looking at another surgery soon.

Update:

1. Bought an h1 hood. Fits like a charm above water. Testing it out next Sunday.

2. Talcing the suit did make getting into it a little easier while wearing the undersuit but I still struggle getting out of it.

3. Those of you who bought the trigon pee valve but did not get a quick connect plug from seaskin (doh), can the supplied open/close valve be used to plug the pee hose closed?

Update:

1. Bought an h1 hood. Fits like a charm above water. Testing it out next Sunday.

2. Talcing the suit did make getting into it a little easier while wearing the undersuit but I still struggle getting out of it.

3. Those of you who bought the trigon pee valve but did not get a quick connect plug from seaskin (doh), can the supplied open/close valve be used to plug the pee hose closed?

H1 hood is what I use. Love it.

Buddy told me to start with the left arm both in and out... seems to help. Make sure the telescopic torso is unclipped and pull up as much as you can from the waist. Give all the room you can back to the shoulders. Work slow and you'll figure it out

I used fitting from McMaster Carr. When disconnected it's a check valve.

Update:

I ordered these exact ones from McMaster and they're perfect.
Screenshot_20230315_172343_DuckDuckGo.jpg

I ordered these exact ones from McMaster and they're perfect.
View attachment 779457
Thanks for sharing these! I was getting lost in their catalog... So you leave the more expensive bit connected to the pee valve tube of the drysuit? And the cheaper bit on the catheter?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom