Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What's everyone doing with their plastic zippers on the nova suit? You just put some grease on front and back of the end piece where it locks? Or along the teeth also? You do that before or after each dive?

What's everyone doing with their plastic zippers on the nova suit? You just put some grease on front and back of the end piece where it locks? Or along the teeth also? You do that before or after each dive?
Just the docking area and not a lot there.

Just at docking end, small amount and interval depends. As usual, try to use common sense and apply grease when it starts to feel sticky.

Just the docking portlike everyone else said, but I guess depends on how often you dive? In my 20 something dives on the new suit I think I've done it once or twice. It doesn't need anywhere near as much maintenance as brass.

I ordered these exact ones from McMaster and they're perfect.
View attachment 779457
So I wasn't able to find anything like this at the local hardware store and my first dive is tomorrow.

So what can I use to plug the trigon pee valve? Right now I've used the supplied control valve and plugged it and turned it "off". Is that enough?

So I wasn't able to find anything like this at the local hardware store and my first dive is tomorrow.

So what can I use to plug the trigon pee valve? Right now I've used the supplied control valve and plugged it and turned it "off". Is that enough?
More than enough, it shouldn’t need even that since it has double check valves but it will vent air from the suit since it’s balanced, much less so with that valve in place and off.

Got a pretty long dive in my suit today. 101 min in 41f (the top 12' was warmer). Everytime I dive it it just gets easier and easier. Like wearing a nice set of pajamas underwater.

Today was one of those dives that just felt perfect. Everything worked, everything was in it's place.

So where are you all getting new silicone neck seals? I've got the SiTech Quick neck and just ripped mine taking it down from drying. Damn hook managed to grab it and I didn't see it in time. I've got one spare in my bag but need to add another couple for my idiocy.

So where are you all getting new silicone neck seals? I've got the SiTech Quick neck and just ripped mine taking it down from drying. Damn hook managed to grab it and I didn't see it in time. I've got one spare in my bag but need to add another couple for my idiocy.
Seaskin?

Even with shipping it's way cheaper then here. I've never been charged any duty on them and I've ordered 2 separate shipments, both came in at less than $100

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom