Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

1.0000 Seaskin Nova - Membrane Diving Drysuit 536.6000 536.60
1.0000 Suit and Stitching Colour - Nova Membrane Dry Suit 5.7000 5.70
1.0000 Colour:Royal Blue with Red Arms (+£6.00);Thread
Colour:Black
0.0000 0.00 0.00 0.00
Colour:Royal Blue with Red Arms (+£6.00);Thread
Colour:Black;
1.0000 Nova Style and Cut Options
1.0000 Fully Telescopic Torso 32.4800 32.48
1.0000 Allowance for extra thick undersuits 14.2400 14.24
1.0000 Nova Zip and Pee Valve Options
1.0000 Main Body Dry Zip Cover 13.5600 13.56
1.0000 Zip flap colour:Same colour as arms; 0.0000 0.00 0.00 0.00
Zip flap colour:Same colour as arms;
1.0000 YKK Plastic Dry Zip fitted into membrane drysuit
1.0000 Fitted SiTech Trigon Pee Valve 69.5100 69.51
1.0000 Pee Valve Hose Tidy 6.1800 6.18
1.0000 Nova Seal, Neck and Wrist System Options
1.0000 Quick Neck system with Silflex seal 51.0200 51.02
1.0000 Seal colour:Black; 0.0000 0.00 0.00 0.00
Seal colour:Black;
Warm Neck Simple 7.9800 7.98
1.0000 Kubi Fitted Dry Cuff System 118.7000 118.70
1.0000 Diameter:90mm; 0.0000 0.00 0.00 0.00
Diameter:90mm;
1.0000 Neo Kubi Ring Covers 13.6700 13.67
1.0000 Nova Valve Options
1.0000 Move Dump (DIR)
1.0000 Nova Boot and Sock Options
1.0000 Compressed Neoprene Socks
1.0000 Nova Protection Options
1.0000 PU Bum Pads 8.2300 8.23
1.0000 PU Crutch Reinforcement 4.8300 4.83
1.0000 PU Back Pad 9.1200 9.12
1.0000 PU Shoulder Reinforcement 7.4100 7.41
1.0000 Nova Comfort and Customisation Options
1.0000 Increase Braces width to 40mm 7.6000 7.60
1.0000 NO Logos on Suit
1.0000 Elasticated Back Panel 13.3000 13.30
1.0000 Nova Pockets and Attachment Options
1.0000 Expedition Pocket
Position of expedition pocket:Right thigh outside seam; 0.0000 0.00 0.00 0.00
Position of expedition pocket:Right thigh outside seam;
1.0000 Second Expedition Pocket 37.7900 37.79
1.0000 Position of expedition pocket:Left thigh outside seam; 0.0000 0.00 0.00 0.00
Position of expedition pocket:Left thigh outside seam;
1.0000 Computer Strap Patches x2 6.3900 6.39
1.0000 Strap position:Right forearm; 0.0000 0.00 0.00 0.00
Strap position:Right forearm

That was my specs.minus the sizes.
One thing I probably wouldn't do if I had to do it again is the pee valve hose tidy. It's more of a hassle to me than just moving the hose out of the way.
I did add the computer strap as on my previous drysuit I had issues with my computer rotating out of where I want it.
For the elasticated back panel, I've heard that it's more for women. If you're a man, what are your thoughts on it? Does it help the suit fit better, or does it get in the way and make things more cumbersome?

Just placed the order. I ended up getting the suit in black with yellow arms and yellow zip cover, kevlar knee pads, shoulder reinforcement, and the elastic back panel. @Td9984 pictures convinced me. Now I get to play everyone's favorite waiting game. Hooray!

For the elasticated back panel, I've heard that it's more for women. If you're a man, what are your thoughts on it? Does it help the suit fit better, or does it get in the way and make things more cumbersome?
Honestly I got it because my bare suit had it. It doesn't make the suit any harder to get in or out of and I don't notice it. I am fat so figured it would help streamline me a little while letting me get all the bioprene back in the auit

Here is a back picture. You can almost see the elastic pulling the small of the back fabric in. This is with just base layer under the suit no thermal protection

Attachments

• IMG_20230615_204038839_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230615_204038839_HDR.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_20230615_204050344_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230615_204050344_HDR.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 154
Got my undergarments today. Will post a pic. Fit feels good. Seems baggy in the glutes but maybe that is needed to allow the crouching position. Will post some pics for reference. Soon as I can get my wife to help. :wink:

My only issue "so far" and Its a small one is I ordered name tags but wanted them not to be attached but loose so I could sew them on were I wanted them. They came sewn on. A misunderstanding that I can remedy with my tailor.

Finally got it wet. So here goes my review...
The good:

made to measure. The suit fits. In places it almost fits too well. If I gain any weight on the legs I worry it will get too tight. I still feel the telescopic portion is huge. Under water I don't notice it though.

Price: the price for me was about the same as my entry level bare suit with no frills. My suit has most of the options.

Colors: I love the color mix. It stands out and I got lots of compliments. I got called Captain America and Superman. Its nice not to be just in black

Options: there are almost too many options. I got a good selection of them. Some of them are kubi with replaceable seals, two Velcro expedition pockets, replaceable neck seal, pee valve, knee/but/shoulder reinforcements, extra wide braces, socks. I am sure there are more. A base suit would have been nice but with all the customization you truly can make the suit your own.

Socks: I love socks. The boots on my bare suit were huge. With socks I am able to wear shoes/boots and tighten them down. No more floating feet.

The bad
I don't like the entry zipper. It seems smaller than my bare suit and is a bit of a squeeze. This may be me being nit picky but I just feel its a tad to short.
The outer zip does not have a pull tab. This is a small thing but I literally can't get a grip on the zipper when it is fully open. The main zipper has a small leather pull on it. Wish the outer zipper had it.

Pee valve: I haven't hooked it up to my...but the hose is uncomfortable. They changed from the rubber hose to a different harder hose and it doesn't flex well when stored. I think they did it to avoid having it collapse but it is uncomfortable to me.

Options: I know I said this was a good thing, but there are almost too many options. And trying to figure out the difference was a pain. Seaskin did a great job trying to explain it, but it's almost like buy a suit and then on the next change the things you want.

Computer straps: the computer straps aren't long enough. With my perdix I can't get both straps through the retaining straps built into the suit. Just wish they where longer

Overall this suit is a dream. It fits well and I am not an off the shelf shape. Big in the center and short everywhere else. The socks really are a game changer for me. The color options are amazing. Honestly my only real complaint is the zipper length and the lack of pull tab on the outer zipper. The other BAD stuff are little complaints that would make it more perfect.
Please note the look on my face is cause I missed the first dive. Got all suited up and my lips started going numb. Had to trim my neck seal. Also had the left seal pop off getting dressed so didn't get a chance to burp the suit until I was in the water.

Attachments

• 15896.jpeg
    15896.jpeg
    155.2 KB · Views: 115
  • 15894.jpeg
    15894.jpeg
    88.1 KB · Views: 109
Finally got it wet. So here goes my review...
The good:

made to measure. The suit fits. In places it almost fits too well. If I gain any weight on the legs I worry it will get too tight. I still feel the telescopic portion is huge. Under water I don't notice it though.

Price: the price for me was about the same as my entry level bare suit with no frills. My suit has most of the options.

Colors: I love the color mix. It stands out and I got lots of compliments. I got called Captain America and Superman. Its nice not to be just in black

Options: there are almost too many options. I got a good selection of them. Some of them are kubi with replaceable seals, two Velcro expedition pockets, replaceable neck seal, pee valve, knee/but/shoulder reinforcements, extra wide braces, socks. I am sure there are more. A base suit would have been nice but with all the customization you truly can make the suit your own.

Socks: I love socks. The boots on my bare suit were huge. With socks I am able to wear shoes/boots and tighten them down. No more floating feet.

The bad
I don't like the entry zipper. It seems smaller than my bare suit and is a bit of a squeeze. This may be me being nit picky but I just feel its a tad to short.
The outer zip does not have a pull tab. This is a small thing but I literally can't get a grip on the zipper when it is fully open. The main zipper has a small leather pull on it. Wish the outer zipper had it.

Pee valve: I haven't hooked it up to my...but the hose is uncomfortable. They changed from the rubber hose to a different harder hose and it doesn't flex well when stored. I think they did it to avoid having it collapse but it is uncomfortable to me.

Options: I know I said this was a good thing, but there are almost too many options. And trying to figure out the difference was a pain. Seaskin did a great job trying to explain it, but it's almost like buy a suit and then on the next change the things you want.

Computer straps: the computer straps aren't long enough. With my perdix I can't get both straps through the retaining straps built into the suit. Just wish they where longer

Overall this suit is a dream. It fits well and I am not an off the shelf shape. Big in the center and short everywhere else. The socks really are a game changer for me. The color options are amazing. Honestly my only real complaint is the zipper length and the lack of pull tab on the outer zipper. The other BAD stuff are little complaints that would make it more perfect.
Please note the look on my face is cause I missed the first dive. Got all suited up and my lips started going numb. Had to trim my neck seal. Also had the left seal pop off getting dressed so didn't get a chance to burp the suit until I was in the water.
Which pee valve did you get? SiTech Trigon Pee Valve ?

Yeah. Haven't used it yet though
I wonder if that is why the rubber is different? I have always gotten LMs and they are flex able. not sure just guessing???

Details like this are important for total satisfaction, but you can put your own pull tab on the outer zipper without too much fuss. They're available via retail, or you can always get a little bit of nylon cloth and sew one on.

Nice suit, BTW.

Back
Top Bottom