Review Seaskin Nova drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I ordered the Seaskin short neck hood, which is supposed to be MTM. It is far too small. I’ll try to stretch it, but if that doesn’t work, I’ll offer it up to anyone here who wants it. What dry suit hoods (5mm) do you recommend? The K01 hoods look nice, but $$$$.

I ordered the Seaskin short neck hood, which is supposed to be MTM. It is far too small. I’ll try to stretch it, but if that doesn’t work, I’ll offer it up to anyone here who wants it. What dry suit hoods (5mm) do you recommend? The K01 hoods look nice, but $$$$.
In what way is it too small? I think the face hole is an intentionally small opening with the expectation you're going to trim it. I know I felt like mine was way off when I first donned it, but I did some substantial trimming and not it fits pretty well.

In what way is it too small? I think the face hole is an intentionally small opening with the expectation you're going to trim it. I know I felt like mine was way off when I first donned it, but I did some substantial trimming and not it fits pretty well.
When you trimmed it, I assume you used scissors? Did you trim an equal amount all around the opening, say around an inch, to start? I just noticed how much of the tightness across the forehead might be relieved by opening the hole a little.

Yeah exactly, I used very sharp scissors, I think kitchen style but sharp. And yes, I did an equal circle all around, I might have started with about a 1/2 inch, tried on again, then did a bit more until it felt more comfortable.

Okay. I trimmed as much as I dare. Still pretty tight, but I managed to get a ball stuffed in through the face opening to stretch it. I wonder if wetting the hood will help speed the stretch.😟

It will stretch out.
As for how much to trim, all of us have different head shapes. At any position around face opening you trim as much is needed for YOU. Not more, not less. That's it.
Keep in mind, it will stretch out. You can always cut a bit more, but you can't cut a bit less.

I've bought a Scubatec hood and SEAC SUB boots.

IMG_20240305_211234.jpg

It's still a good price for a MTM drysuit with MTM undersuit and Virgo glove system.

Santi would have bin an other k.
It would have been probably another $1.4k.

I've bought a Scubatec hood and SEAC SUB boots.

View attachment 830493

I remember the 1st time I saw a guy in a drysuit. He was so badass... and then he put the hood on 🤣🤣. I think after the hood we all just look like giant condoms (myself included).

Looks good!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom