Seat for gearing up

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Vehicle mods for diving are fun. My Subaru has a tank holder, gear shelf, and a little seat in the rear so I can sit down to gear up. I see lots of other ideas here. The more you know of, the better you can figure out what will suit you best.

Having a tough little folding table is a good idea, I think I will steal it for my setup.

Scubaru? ::D

The best thing about the table is like the beer and pizza saying.

Sometimes we take it to the waters edge on shore dives, so people can assemble their gear there without having to lug everything down at the same time. I have also used it at the beach in Panama City FL.

Ours also usually does double duty as a grill platform or condiment holder after the morning dives.

I am going to see if there is actually a load rating somewhere on the tables themselves.

The best thing about the table is like the beer and pizza saying.

Sometimes we take it to the waters edge on shore dives, so people can assemble their gear there without having to lug everything down at the same time. I have also used it at the beach in Panama City FL.

Ours also usually does double duty as a grill platform or condiment holder after the morning dives.

At over six foot the shorter one is too short and I will be sitting on it with all my gear and the taller one is rates way below that weight.

At over six foot the shorter one is too short and I will be sitting on it with all my gear and the taller one is rates way below that weight.

Maybe stupid question. Since you’re shore diving with the 50s, can you leave them in the car trunk upright and you just sit on something of the appropriate height to get them on? I wonder if something like a short step ladder might work for this.

The original video has been revised to address possible table weight capacity concerns. There are actually no weight limits posted on the tables. However, users will want to take reasonable precautions with respect to possible weight capacity limitations. The table does say to make sure the legs are locked and not to stand on top of the table.

My suggestion is a pickup. Drop the tailgate and bam instant table. Bonus is it's about the right height to get under the tank without lifting it.

My suggestion is a pickup. Drop the tailgate and bam instant table. Bonus is it's about the right height to get under the tank without lifting it.

He already said he’s not giving up his manual transmission high mpg car.

At a lot of my shore dive sites I've been using the trunk of my car to place my gear and sit to don.

Not ideal so I'm thinking maybe there is a fold up seat I can get to set the gear on and gear up. All the ones I've seen though wouldn't work.

Do any of you guys have any ideas or do I need to design and build something?
Can you get a trailer hitch reciever for your buggy?
It wouldn't be too hard to use that as the lower weight-bearing support and the trunk-lip as the upper stabilizing point and fabricate a "tailgate" area for setup.

Dude, you got some serious elderly Granny back going on there. You need to flatten that out to promote healthy lifting.

upload_2021-9-14_22-47-27.png

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom