Seawing Nova - Foot Going Numb

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for all the feedback.

Jax - the tightness is across the top of my foot, the sides seem ok. I bought some new boots and tried them on in my home and after 10 minutes my foot was really hurting. In fact it seemed worst than I remembered the original boots.

Kelemvor - I have thought about stretching the pocket athough the nova doesn't seem to have much give. I'm not sure if I would mess it up with no real gain.

Oly/shurite - I've opened the cover but only on one side but it looks fixed ie non adjustable. I will look into the strap a bit more. You could be onto something as it does feel as though the pain would be releived if my foot wasn't push as far into the fin.

Underh20man - I think I might of got it wrong on the thickness. This is the exact boot I had first.

Typhoon 5mm Surfmaster Dive Boot

And this is the new pair I just bought.

Scubapro Delta Short Diving Boot 5mm

Skulmoski - I think your right there, I am a total novice and before I bought the novas I used to wear full foot mares Volo race fins with no issue. The foot pocket was very soft and flexible.

It may looked fixed, however, you can pull the bungee out and insert a new one. I've replaced original bungees with longer ones. It can be a pain putting it back in. The key is using the same size of bungee which I found at a horse Ranch and Home depot.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom