Securing your pony reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NJDiveGirl

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Or octopus for that matter... I have one of those "bubbles" that you shove the mouthpiece into - then while you are on the anchorline you are shoving it back in... Pain in the butt...

I've seen various setups and looking for other opinions.

Thanks.

NJDiveGirl once bubbled...
Or octopus for that matter... I have one of those "bubbles" that you shove the mouthpiece into - then while you are on the anchorline you are shoving it back in... Pain in the butt...

My first question is why are you putting it away on the anchor line? What was it out for?

I think he meant by the time he's back at the anchor line, its popped out of the holder.

Simpler way would be to rig up an octopus necklace. There's a thread in the DIY section, complete with diagrams and pictures. Cost no more than a few cents and minutes :)

yes you are correct - usually when I backroll in - it pops right out.

btw - njdive GIRL - I'm a chick! (you said he.....)

mea culpa! My bad. For this offense, let me get you the link....:wink:

as already stated, one of the best ways to secure an octopus second stage is using a necklace. There are numerous instructions on this board, just use the search function.

If you choose to carry a pony, you should consider carrying it slung like a stage/deco bottle. You can do this whether you use a BC or bp/wings. This allows you to get at it, open/close the valve, or hand it off should it become necessary.

Here is a site that explains how to do it with your pony:
http://www.diverite.com/resource/stage/index.htm

(BTW, you needn't buy their 'kit'! These are easy to make in about 15 minutes with items from your local Lowes or Home Depot. Costs about $16 with the boltsnaps. :) )

As you'll see, when not in use the second stage is affixed to the slung bottle using bungee or tubing. If you need it, pull it out, restow it afterwards. Don't ever leave it hanging free.

Regards,

Doc

I've seen alot of people do that - It would cut down on aggravation of switching over tanks and having the pony not co-operate. That sounds like a most excellent idea Doc! Thanks for the link!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom