Securing your pony reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I sling mine just like any other stage from my harness, and thus the reg is secured in the rubbers around the cylinder.

If I'm buddy diving with an octo though, I use a rubber snorkel keeper. I loop one end to the ring on my shoulder strap, and the other end holds the octo quite nicely around the mouthpiece.
It stays put much better for me, and if I need it , it comes right out. Plus, if it fouls, I can break it without too much damage to my wallet, and there seems to always be one laying around somewhere to replace it with.

I use a long hose and necklace when tekkie diving, and I really like that setup too, but for me it's overkill when just plopping in with a pal to look at the pretty fishies.

You can also use a appropriately sized O-ring around the mouthpiece and attached to a bolt snap (with the O-ring either looped through the bolt snap or attached to the bolt snap with a small zip tie.) You can clip and unclip the second stage from the pony from a D-ring in normal use or it can just be pulled free when someone needs it in a hurry.

It combines ease and speed of access with ease of assembly and allows a more normal recreational octpus like configuration than using a necklace or rigging your pony as a stage bottle.

DA, that's a good idea! I use bolt snaps for everything else, why didn't I think of that...
It'll be easier to just clip it on and off, rather than pulling the mouthpiece through the ring all the time...

Back
Top Bottom