seeking advice internship/apprenticeship filmmaking/marine data collection

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Soakedlontra

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am wondering if there is anybody out here who could give me some advice on how to apply for an internship/apprenticeship in underwater filmmaking or marine data collection.

I have been taking photographs; edit videos and writing articles for three years. I won some photographic competitions and several of my articles have been published in the US and Italy. I have been submitting surveys about marine life in the Pacific Northwest to REEF regularly.

I would like to get more experience working for film crews/marine biologists. I am bilingual, hard worker, reliable and willing to relocated.

Hey mate, drop a line to goprodr@gmail.com, we are looking for videographers. We are an italian owned company based in Dominican Republic. We also have an amazing marine conservation program that will teach you Reef Check techniques and not only.. Luca

Hey mate, drop a line to goprodr@gmail.com, we are looking for videographers. We are an italian owned company based in Dominican Republic. We also have an amazing marine conservation program that will teach you Reef Check techniques and not only.. Luca

DO you know an instructor called M Marsalli by chance?

Last edited:
Who are the biologists, photographers and filmmakers that you admire most? If you could write your own ticket what would you like to do? With whom?

Who are the biologists, photographers and filmmakers that you admire most? If you could write your own ticket what would you like to do? With whom?

The first names to pop out of my head are, of course, Jean-Michel Cousteau and David Attenborough. Ultimately itis not a particular name that matters to me most but the personality. I guess I am looking for somebody who has passion for what hi/she is doing and is willing to share it with other people. I know superficially local videographers who do good work but, how can I put it?, they keep themselves to themselves.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom