Best Dive Destination from Los Angeles 8-10 Nights including Travel

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

October might also be a good time for Bali. Relatively easy to get to (one stop) from LAX, if Indonesia was not on your radar. Many, many nice places to stay at (including super fancy or just fancier at budget friendly costs), you can stay connected no problem, and lots to do on land for the whole family should you decide you don't want to dive. Out of the locations you asked about, I've been to Tahiti and Philippines. I'd suggest Bali over those. It's quite kid friendly. :)
Thanks for the Bali recommendation. We have dove there and LOVED it. Incredible variety, the wreck dive, fish and biodiversity. Since we've done Fiji and Bali we are leaning toward the Philippines to try something new this round. I will keep you posted. May be our first time trying a live aboard.

If you decide on the Philippines then kindly consider a stay at Scandi divers resort, we are based in a beautiful small bay call Big LaLaguna in Puerto Galera. We are just 3-4 hours travel from Manila airport via van and boat.
You can check out our website here www.scandidivers.com

PS - Plenty of things for the kids to do around PG :)

:rofl3::rofl3:@scubadiver888 - there certainly is a lot happening in Sabang at night, I'm not sure I'd call it a family friendly lot happening though

I was think more food options during the day. :)

The OP messaged me privately asking about the Philippines and I also steered her away from El Nido/Coron because of the transit time more so in El Nido but because she only has 10 days and inclusive of travel and the quality of diving was better overall (reef/macro) in Puerto Galera. El Nido transit kills practically an entire day just transiting from Puerto Princesa by private van. I also suggested Puerto Galera for quality of diving and convenience of getting to/from with the limited amount of time they have, though I did not realize at the time she has a young child. Topside, there is stuff to see/do as an adult but probably not as fun for a kid, to @Wingy 's point. They also come back between all dives so should anyone not want to dive, it's not a huge commitment to go out or you can easily hop on the next dive out.

I did not suggest the Visayas since I know travel in the Visayas is not always easy or the fastest/most efficient, but I imagine it would probably be more entertaining for a young child topside than Puerto Galera.

I missed the note about the young child with special needs. No kids; I tend not to think about those things. :(

Back
Top Bottom