Seeya Opal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

firstdive2005

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
All to often do I run into people I want to run away from. The minute I met Opal all those years ago I had a friend. It seemed as though we new each other forever. She had that way with people. She made ya feel comfortable. Sick smile. Crazy laugh. I loved diving with her. A great sense of humor. Forever on my mind Op.

Never dove with her but agree about the smile / attitude. She made you feel comfortable the moment you met her. I look at her passing the same way I do for one of my long time friends who died snowmobiling. They both went doing the one thing they lived to do knowing it could also be the way they died, but according to my friend (he visited my the day before & it was a part of the many things we had talked about) if you've got to go it's the way to go. There are an endless number of diseases than can kill us, plus drunk or drugged drivers or even terrorists but to die while doing the one thing we're at peace with may actually be the way most of us want to go.

She is gone and given her situation, probably just as well as I would not have wanted to face her future. I feel very, very badly for the people mourning her loss. My condolences to all of you.

My deepest condolances to all who's life she touched. She will be missed and mourned by many. Peace to all.

Unnecessary, untimely, and very tragic. How very very sad. Prayers...

... heartfelt sadness that she has passed away... and deepest wish for Gabi, Heath, Scuba Mau, and all their friends to fully heal and be happy again... Don

Back
Top Bottom