Seiko Automatic 7S26-0029 Runs Out of Steam

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So, I dropped the watch off on September 11th. Seiko just called today (18 days later) to say that the cost of the repair will be 1200 baht (about US$35.00) and will take two more weeks.

So far, I'm not impressed.

$35 is for a watch repair is cheap !

It's not the cost that troubles me....

When we called the Seiko service center in Bangkok to confirm the repair we asked why it took so long to get us the quote. They said it took 11 days to get the 250 kilometers from Korat to Bangkok. This is something Thailand Post's EMS service traverses in less than 24 hours.

This is simply bad customer service.

The repair lasted just over 8 months.

At first it worked fine and would go at least a day without being worn.

However, starting this week it runs down by morning. (I take it off about 9:00 PM, it stops at about 7:30 AM.)

I remain unimpressed.

Now looking for a replacement. I liked this watch because it was small and good looking enough for every day use.

I need something similar. I don't really need a dive watch, but I need something that can withstand 50 meters because I know I'll forget to take it off.

Any suggestions?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom